Diablo 2: Resurrected will test your resolve to boycott Blizzard

I’m still hoping that they’ll add the /players command to the console versions at some point. I’m fairly confident that I can finish the game on normal difficulty without it, but it makes it such a slog. For example, I wanted to get to level 24 before handling Duriel with some of these characters so that I could unlock that tier of abilities, but man, it’s such a slog to level to 24 before Duriel. With my Barbarian I had to do the various false Tombs of Tal Rasha multiple times just to get close to 24, and finally I was out of patience and did the real tomb, thinking I might get to 24 during that tomb, but I never did.

This is going to be especially vexing when trying to level an Amazon to get Valkyrie, or other abilities like that. What will likely happen is that I’ll just not have the patience to wait, and I’ll die, and start a new character. But in the meanwhile, I hope Blizzard releases a console patch that adds a players setting so that those future hardcore characters will then be able to survive and go into battle at higher levels against these harder bosses.