Diablo 2: Resurrected will test your resolve to boycott Blizzard

Probably.

The funny thing, of course, is that Grim Dawn did it about as correctly as you can, years ago. But then everything about GD’s controller interface is better than D2R’s, so big shock I guess.

My mercs haven’t met a fire or poison cloud that they didn’t want to run through at least once, even if it’s in a wildly out of the way spot.

The ranged mercs have exceptionally stupid AI. That alone is enough to make the melee mercs better, but then there are so many additional reasons the melee mercs are better on top of that, heh.

Heh, yeah, my Amazon did the Tower last night, and Countess’ opening move was to put a firewall down, and my rogue merc stood in the firewall the whole time (and died, of course), leaving me without a companion through the whole battle.

Yep, tried repairing the install, upgrading graphics drivers (980ti), running lower settings, reboot entirely before playing, etc. Hidden among all the server whining on the forums are a subset of people who also get pretty consistent crashes. Seems like it’s an all or nothing thing with this game.

My favorite was when I stopped for a moment to take a few bites of food in a lull and observed my idiot merc just stand half a screen away, idling all while some skeleton wandered from another direction off screen and started pelting me with arrows until my character died. Merc did not move at all from that spot.

Are you getting crashes with offline characters as well?

I’ve exclusively been playing offline.

Weird. The only thing I’ll add is: are you using some kind of overlay program like Geforce Experience? If so, close that. In fact, try closing all extraneous programs just to rule out any kind of software conflict. Mouse software, etc…

And to add to this, anti-virus or other similar types of third party programs can also cause applications to crash.

They say it’s partly because more people are trying to sign on than ever did for classic Diablo 2. Well duh, you guys got rid of the option for LAN play, so of course they are. Back in the day I knew a LOT of Diablo 2 players, and none of them played on Battlenet. But now there’s no other choice if you want to play multiplayer eventually with any of the characters.

Everybody I know played on closed Battle.net, because open and LAN games were full of cheaters and dupes.

Same same.

Also, really Blizzard, your servers are more jacked than they were during the D2 heyday? Dubious. I mean, maybe, but press X to doubt and all that.

None of the people I knew played with strangers, so I don’t think anyone was afraid of cheaters and dupes amongst people they knew.

Practices like creating new game lobbies to farm certain fights weren’t as prominent during the game’s original release

uh

Yeah run1 - run10 certainly was not done at all back in the day /s

Maybe there’s a greater portion of the player population doing that now? More “casual” back in the day with only a subset really doing the constant remakes?

When this was released, the internet was still for geeks, now 1 billion angry birds players are probably playing this.

Who would have guessed? I have been playing this more than any game since XCOM:WOTC. And I have hundreds of hours in that game.

This game has revived my game enjoyment. Well worth the $40. More than worth it. I will be playing and the, What time is it? happens. I honestly wouldn’t have believed it.

I killed Diablo without any issue (though my Merc did die pretty early on in the fight so I had to take care of him myself) and now I’m on to Act V.

I went back to /players 1 for Act IV just because I wanted to blast through it, and my main reason for cranking the players up in the early game was to make sure I hit level 30 and unlocked cold and fire mastery before battling the big dude, and I did that in Act III. I might switch back if I find things are too easy.

A few thoughts on the BlizzBall Sorceress. I died once, and it was to a random unique dung beetle mob in Act II. I was just wailing away on it with Fire Ball and not paying attention, and when I killed it I got absolutely destroyed by the lightning enchantment. Humiliating.

Duriel made mince-meat of my Merc and chased me back to town a couple times before I could kill him. He was easily the roughest fight so far, as he usually is in Normal difficulty.

Alongside Teleport, Static Field is the most powerful single skill point you can invest in, in the entire game… No matter how many health points an enemy has, SF takes it halfway down in 2 or 3 seconds. It’s a no-brainer with the Sorceress, but if you’re playing another character and you ever find an item that gives you Static Field charges, save that item for Act Bosses.

Blizzard and Fire Ball are both great skills as well. I don’t know if I like them more than Frozen Orb and Meteor yet, but It’ll be interesting to see how they do in Hell when the shit really starts to hit the fan.