Diablo 2: Resurrected will test your resolve to boycott Blizzard

If it wasn’t for the Blitzchung boycott I would probably check this out. It looks like they’re avoiding a lot of the mistakes they made with Warcraft 3 Reforged, probably because they fired the team that made that and replaced them with Vicarious Visions.

If you’re going to shit up the thread can you do us a solid and shit it up behind a collapsible spoiler so the rest of us can actually use it?

Also this

is not the issue. They were active participants. But not the thread to relitigate.

Nice video by GameSpot with some comparisons of old and new.

Wasn’t D2 very limited in it’s armor/weapon’s graphic sets? Was there any word if they improved that?

It’s all relative. I was impressed at the time because they had waaaaaay more graphic sets for the look of the characters than the first Diablo. Was it more limited compared to a 3D MMO like Everquest? Yeah, probably, bit I wasn’t going to play it to find out.

That video is interesting. The only real reason D2 Classic looks dated is the lack of frames in the animations, and not really the graphics themselves. With so many pixel-style games around, it really still fits right in.

Even if they didn’t add new sets, it can’t be any worse than D3 with weapon graphics that never changed. As much as I liked the game, I hated that. I like when I get a great new weapon and the graphics reflect it.

Almost every body piece had a distinct appearance, though many were slight varients.
https://i.imgur.com/vtJ7d.jpg

This thread is ostensibly as much about the boycott as the game, so I don’t see how this in any way constitutes “shitting up the thread”

It shouldn’t be. Create a P&R thread if you guys want to talk about it. Let us talk about the game.

I didn’t make the thread title (I don’t disagree with you, but the title of the thread invites discussion, doesn’t it?)

It is a very clever but unfortunate thread title, indeed.

Uh… I got some ‘splainin’ to do…

Sigh. Changed.

I should have known we couldn’t leave the P&R totally out of it. Keep it to the game, please.

He’s referring to the wall of text, presumably.

It was a funny title, man. Props to you.

Jesus. We’re so sensitive now? Congratulations I guess, the first thread I’m going to mute on Qt3.

The first three words of the OP no longer follow from anything. Unless you’re cleverly implying that this thread will not be able to ignore the politics :)

Looks like they toned down the blood considerably and the Amazon and Sorceress grew some longer clothing. Thank god, I could never play Amazon before due to my ever-present boner.

LOL that’s awesome. I’m keeping it. :)

Watched a few folks streaming this today, it is kind of amazing what a new coat of paint can do for this game.