Diablo 3 - Meh, W00t or Bah?

I realize I could be in the minority here, but what’s the general consensus about Diablo 3? Excitement, anger, or mild disinterest? I guess I’m in the latter category. I mean, I had a ton of fun playing Diablo 1 and 2 but a graphics update isn’t enough to get me excited about the third. Anyone else feel this way or am I just a horrible person and a poor excuse for a gamer?

I’m looking forward to it. The first two were a lot of fun to play multiplayer, and with the Diablo Battle Chest still priced at a completely fucking ridiculous $40, I refuse to buy it for a third time just to play with friends. Not to mention how terrible it’d look at 1680x1050. Therefore, Diablo 3 will be worthy of my $50, and I’ll be able to play online again :)

I’m in on the W00t boat because I never played Diablo 1 or 2 the first time around and have just recently picked up D2 for next to nothing. It’s pretty damned ugly by today’s standards, so I’m going to wait for a prettier version. I’m eager for some online co-op mouse-mashing.

The only thing better than crack…is MOAR CRACK

I’m really looking forward to it. I thought the 20 minute demo to introduce the game was fantastic looking.

I would vote if a more moderate positive option were present. D3 interests me, I plan on buying it, but I’m not fropping at the mouth or anything. I never got around to playing a Diablo game previously, though I’ve watched others play both installments.

I’m way ahead of you.
I loved the rogue system with loot and rpg lite elements in Diablo 1, but the update called D2 didnt occupy me very long.

Unbearable overabundance of useless loot, introduction of more and more upgrade stuff (gems, runes, charms, cube recipes, sets) and item attributes (even “rare” items in D2 are completely useless 98% of the time, because there are so many attributes with numerous quality levels) made it pure grind in MP and boring in SP (good luck getting even half set in SP… :p )

I agree with ya. Looks like more of the same. I think I’ve outgrown hack’n slash. Which obviously makes me superior to all the man children here.

How anyone could not be excited about Diablo III is beyond me.

Blizzard games always have that magic to them.

Diablo 2 hardcore was amazing. Diablo 2 non-hardcore got old pretty fast. Hardcore mode was the most addictive game ever. So, yes, I’m excited about Diablo 3. Of course, if Diablo 3 doesn’t have a hardcore mode, then… well, we’ll just have to see. But I predict if there’s no hardcore mode, then it’ll be just another hack and slash game that we’ll move on from, like any of the Diablo-clones that have come and gone in the last 10 years.

I didn’t play a whole lot of the first Diablo, but I probably put 50-100 hours into Diablo 2. I plan to buy Diablo 3, but I’m not hugely excited about it.

I’m excited because it’s a new Blizzard title.
I wouldn’t be excited if it wasn’t one because I’m not much into that genre.

Since I’m Blizzard’s bitch I will pre-order the CE as soon as I can put my cc details down somewhere. :p

I’m sure it will be terrifically addictive and fun for about 4-10 hours, and then after that I’ll look around and go, “Another shopping game? Really?”

I almost definitely won’t be picking it up. Meh x2.

Fropping at the bog?

Somewhere between meh and woot. Depends what else I have on my plate when it comes out I guess. And which of my friends are picking it up.

I’ll bite, but the wife will steal the gaming lappie if I do… only game she likes is d2.

I hated Diablo I & II but so far, III looks a bit more interesting.

It does? Is there new info from today where it doesn’t look like more of the same? If you hated the first two, I wouldn’t come near the third with a ten foot pole.

Definite woot for me. By the way, have you checked out the new wizard trailer? It’s a mix of cinematics and gameplay, and I think I know what my first character is going to be now.

I picked BAH, but I thought we were meditating in the Shrine of Sacrifice.