Diablo III has a birthday present to give

Title Diablo III has a birthday present to give
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in Games
When May 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Diablo III! Blizzard's hack & slash economic simulator has turned a year old! Blizzard is celebrating by giving all players a 25% boost to their Magic Find and +EXP stats until May 21st..

Read the full article

Just logged in to take advantage of this promotion and discovered that Blizzard banned my account. Nice.... I play about once a month and I think I was up to level 19 or so. I just do my thing and don't even know how the auction house thing works and am about as ignorant about hacking as a person can get. Lol! Moral of the story? Never buying a Blizzard product again. I can live just fine without it.

If you truly did nothing that merits banning then I would suggest taking 20 minutes to call their customer support to find out why your account was banhammered. They don't do this for the hell of it.

glcm1961: Just to echo the sentiment, it is very possible that your account was stolen.

Or you could just blame Blizzard for trying to protect their game and wound yourself with the double edged sword of spite.