Diablo III

Some of the set dungeons are stupidly easy. If one is giving you trouble, try a diff one. And by the time you have to do that for a season, you probably have other sets anyway.

I figured that out after 6 bad attempts, but by then my stubborn nature set in and I had to finish it.

It is funny how quickly things ramp up. I went from level 65 to doing T7 speed runs in about 3 hours.

I’d like to get Haedrig’s gift for this past season. Can anyone power level a hardcore character to 70 today?

Just join a powerleveling chat channel and ask around, I’ve never had any trouble getting help.

If you have problems with that I will probably be available this evening by around 8pm cst and I can help you. Pretty sure you’re already on my friend list too.

Thanks. I did find someone in a power leveling community without too much trouble. Completed the seasonal set after only the second of Haedrig’s gift bags which was pretty surprising (got the royal ring of grandeur and one the guy that power leveled me dropped one of my needed set pieces. Having a T6 viable character in just a couple of hours was certainly a record for me.

I’m stubborn and soloed all the things this season, but I was still done with what I wanted to do fairly quickly. The rng was pretty awful for my witch doctor, but quite decent for my demon hunter. After completing almost every tier for the stash tab and getting a couple worthless primals I just kind of stopped.

Will be happy to give the necromancer a whirl though.

I’ll probably be on Tuesday evening if anyone wants to p-level or get p-leveled. This talk I hear about playing through the story mode again is utter madness.

New Season started yet?

There’s ~1 month break from seasons with the release of the necro. Next one starts July 20th.

At release that was the entire game wasn’t it, going through story mode at 4 different difficulty levels? The only reason I’d ever do it again would be to grab achievements for the classes, but I don’t care enough about them to do it.

I think normally the break is 2 weeks, but it is a month this time with the release of the Necromancer and they are starting on Thursday instead of Friday in case anything goes horribly wrong.

Rise of the Necromancer is live

Purchased Rise of the Necromancer as soon as it went live on the PS store. Only played for about 30 minutes but he seems like a great character so far. How long has this game been out? I don’t ever seem to get tired of it even though I’ve played every character a couple of times.

Original PC version that sucked (IMO) came out in 2012.
PS3/360 Version that rocked came out in 2013.
PS4/XB1 versions, and the revamped PC version that didn’t suck came out in 2014.

It has amazing longevity for me too. I can always return and feel excited to play more. Keen to start on the Necro now, but do I want to wait for the new season? Decisions!

Yep, same here. Though I put like 60 hours into just the beta (which was a very small slice) and enjoyed vanilla quite a lot. Though it’s improved several fold since, and continues to just get better and better. I am going to wait for the new season to get underway before I dive into Necro though.

I immediately picked up the Necro on the PS4 and played a short bit tonight. Loving the new skills and it feels all fresh again. I won’t be getting it on the PC, though. The PS4 version is just so much better than the PC version that I’ve no desire to go back.

You know, Tom Chick would be rolling in his grave if he were dead but I think I’ve come around from preferring PS4 back to favouring PC of late…

I was enjoying the controller but for some reason the more zoomed-in view started to bug me, and it seemed to me the surround sound was different, or more muted on the console.

Also the inventory wheel interface became cumbersome, and I longed to see all the loot laid out with instant mouse-over popups.

@Kadath. I looted a “gift for Kadath” earlier tonight and sent it on to you (PS4).