Diablo III

Playing in what could well be the last Season for Diablo III (don’t know what its fate will be when D4 launches), I’m quite enjoying my Hardcore Sorc. I’m pretty unimaginative, so I’m just going with a Firebird set and Disintegrating things. I’m going slow though, not as much time to put into it as I used to have, and am just slumming it so far in T4. I finally got my legendary gem that gives the regen and bubble to 25, which was cool, until I looked and saw my wife’s Witch Doctor has all of her gems at like 65 and has three times the Paragon levels I have. Of course, she’s rocking Torment XIII and GR 70 (also Hardcore), so she needs it.

I have always liked how the developers (after the missteps of the first year at least) just roll with this being a single-player game primarily and have no problems with you becoming an unstoppable death machine. Well, “unstoppable” in the sense that in normal play you can get to a point where only a rare convergence of elites and affixes will kill you. In Hardcore that same chance of insta-death looms a bit more ominously.

Which is why I still will not do those things where you use a petrified scream or whatever to open a portal to a timed endless dungeon of doom level. Did that once the first season they had it and lost a high level character, because it bugged out and didn’t end properly. Probably will try it once more at the end of the season maybe.