Diablo III

The Cube!

Go to the Ruins of Sescheron waypoint in Act 3 and murder your way to the end of the zone. Good stuff will happen.

Also, Adventure Mode 4 life. Go kill Malthael on Normal/Hard and start up on bounties/rifts - they’re much better paced IMO, and quite a bit more rewarding than the story nonsense. And I say that as someone who doesn’t at all hate the Diablo story like everyone else does.

So I finished the (exceptionally easy this time) season chapters for my 6pc Sunwoku set on my monk, and it’s pretty damn hilarious.

See, the 6pc bonus is that your Lashing Tail Kick and some other skills that don’t matter now consume a stack of Sweeping Wind to do 3000% damage.

Three thousand percent, y’all.

T7 rift guardians take 3-4 shots. Elites take 1-3. Everything except the largest meatbags like Mallet Lords and such instantly evaporates. It is hilarious.

The caveat is that keeping Sweeping Wind stacked is a moderate pain…until you get whatever belt that says “if your Sweeping Wind doesn’t damage anything for a second, it gains two stacks.” So not only do you not have to worry about refreshing it through the occasional downtime, but it stacks itself so you can roundhouse kick some more fools into oblivion.

Good times, good times. This is going much faster than last season’s Witch Doctor, and he was a pretty bossy boss himself. Course, I got lucky with getting 3 of the 4 non-set uniques that are basically required for this variant of Sunwoku pretty quickly.

Just started my monk for the season this afternoon, so something to look forward to. :)

This might help. It’s a little out of date, but not much.

Oh! Don’t woodchipper any uniques you find while leveling that have a property with orange text. You may find a use for them with the Cube.

Make that 4/4. Mwahaha.

Thanks, that covers a nice set of stuff.

I guess I should work on getting a non-hc character to level 70 so I can unlock adventure mode. I did actually play the first part of act 5 today to get to a stash and the barbarian is still a lot of fun to play.

If you check the monk leaderboards you’ll notice the top monks have some very interesting gear sets.

nr2 had the Sweeping Leg set, nr1 had Ancient Ring set which gives 100% damage bonus PER ancient item with no other set bonuses :P

I unfortunately only have 1 green item and not yet geared enough for Torment 1 on my HC Seasonal monk. So there will be some grinding to do.

So I went through the anniversary content with a level 1 witch doctor last night - man am I glad to find out you can start a new character on adventure mode, that’s going to make leveling up alts so much easier. Well, less of a grind at least. Anyway, I guess now I need to track down these cultists around the world now?

I found a full set of pages just doing bounties while leveling to 70.

Cultists are mainly in Act I…Cathedral, Halls of Agony, Festering Woods.

Spent a day getting a wizard to 70 with a full set, but I had to force myself to delete her and uninstall. I don’t know what it is about Diablo that cause me to lose entire days like a junkie on a binge, but I just can’t do that anymore. If I was a kid again, I’d blow entire weekends on this.

For people that like losing hours to the game, but want to let others do the hard work of min/maxing, here is a handy ‘guide’:

Or I could just slam my business in this handy drawer I have right here!

I… don’t know the proper response here :) You’re welcome?

Looks like it’s just you, me, your balls … and this drawer!

Sorry, Dragnet flashback there.

Heh. That sort of guide is just antithetical to me having any fun whatsoever with a game like Diablo III.

Heh. Heheh. Hehe.

Switched over to my witch doctor (Johnnydotcom) yesterday, who had completed act iv as it turns out. Making my way through act v to unlock adventure mode.

I had something weird happen yesterday. I logged in to start a Season 9 character but thought I would check up my level 70 monk (85 paragon) and it seems to have reset me to the start of the expansion. Like I haven’t completed it.

Am I missing something I cannot seem to get back to my base with the all my stuff etc.

Seasonal characters are seasonal. You start at level one with nothing.