Diablo III

Stuck on T4 with my Monk.

Damn you drop rate :(

This is going to sound pretty dumb I imagine, but I only just picked up on the fact that Adria the Witch from D3 was the magic spell vendor from the first game.

On the contrary, ignoring the story is a prerequisite for maintaining intelligence.

Gamble belts/boots/hats until you get the Lashing Tail trifecta and the Sweeping Wind belt (assuming Sunwuko). The weapons can wait, just get whatever big 2H you can.

Lashing Tail is silly silly. Iā€™m still slumming in T8, but mostly because Iā€™m lazy.

Donā€™t you use the Sunwuko hat?

The legendary Lashing Tail hat is so good itā€™s worth slotting or equipping the Ring of Royal Grandeur to be able to 5/6 Sunwuko for it.

Right! I just hit my full set last night after clearing season journey and wondering whatā€™s next.

Hundreds of hours in the game yet this is the first time Iā€™ve reached the mid/end game. :P

Murder. Murder is the thing thatā€™s next ;)

Haha, Iā€™m fine with that! :)

Malthael was a little tough, the first time in the season journey I had to take care and react to enemy attack patterns. Died about 4 times before I got him.

Malthael is a total asshole. Heā€™s a definite difficulty spike. Not that bad if youā€™re reasonably careful, but heā€™s definitely got tells you have to read.

Got lucky earlier. My barb has almost completed ch2 for the season. Got about half a level to hit 70. Iā€™m going to be using the might of the earth set and doing an earthquake build. I wanted to extract the passive from Lut Socks (leap 3x in 2 secs) to use with that set (leap creates earthquakes). Figuring itā€™s a low level item, I started another barbarian, got to level 8, and went to town. 7-8 buys from Kadala later, I had a shiny new pair of Lut Socks.

How do you get that into your ~L70 Barbā€™s season?

The new barb was also a seasonal character. Seasonal characters share with other seasonal characters.

Ah okay, that I did not know.

Yeah, itā€™s a common technique to get hold of some legs more easily as the lower the item and applicable character level, the smaller the item pool when gambling or crafting with the cube. It is only effective for items you intend to cube, of course. Rivera Dancers (Lashing Tail Kick bonus boots) and The Furnace are other popular one. Furnace in particular as it is a very popular end game cube item that can be a pain to get drop at 70.

Welp, guess whoā€™s rolling another season Monk tonight then? ā€¦

Did the anniversary event with a level 1 crusader sporting a level 70 axe + a 47 gem of ease. The levels were coming so fast the notifications on new skills were way behind. It would tell me level x reached and Iā€™d already be and x+12 or so :)

1st time Iā€™ve ever used the gem of ease. It sure makes levelling fast if you ever need to do it outside of a season.

Fastest way to level is still just too have someoneā€™s L70 carry you through 3 or 4 torment rifts while you cower at the entrance!

Only way to do it!

:)

So, the furnace has a required level of 31. Would a character have to be 31 to get it (I assumed that was the case with the boots) or is there a known range below you can be?

Yeah, think you need to be 31. Presuming you are going to cube it, make sure you roll a WD - they have less legendary two handers in their item pool so technically have a better shot at rolling a Furnace in the cube.