Diablo III

They should have an inauguration special event and put Trump’s face on Ghom.

Import? Not sure what you are talking abut here. I logged into my account, not having played in years, bought the expansion, and immediately started playing act V on one of my characters.

I played the base game on PC, played only hardcore, all those characters are dead.

Then I played the base game on 360, that’s the softcore character that made it to the end.

Then I bought the game on X1, and you can import your 360 character to it, but you have to upload the 360 save to the blizzard cloud first, which I didn’t do at the time. After I had played for a long time, then I went to the 360 save and uploaded it, but the X1 version says if I import that cloud save from Blizzard, it will overwrite my X1 save, including my characters and stash. I can’t keep both. It’s one or the other.

Ahhhhh, ok. Now I get it.

So…uh…this happened…

I love it when that happens!

Yeah, that is fun when that happens.

Recently getting back into this on the PS4 and I finally unlocked adventure mode and now I understand why everyone loves his! Adventure mode is so great, this is WAY better than the story mode. My only question is I’m knocking out the quests pretty quickly, what happens when you complete all quests in all zones? Is that the end of adventure mode or do more quests populate?

Make sure to do the ones on the map with the bonus so you get two caches at the end. When complete the bonus shifts to another map, and quests repopulate, yes.

Do Rifts as well. :)

I got one of these too. Not sure I should use it … my Incense Torch could benefit from a free slot to stick a green in, but I won’t be using it forever.

Ok sorry another noob question: what is the deal with that Cube thing, should I just ignore that until I have a 70? Also gear, I keep getting these green set blueprints, should I favor those over legendaries with better stats?

Yes there’s not much use for the Cube until 60 or 70, whenever you start getting Death’s Breath materials. You can still grab it though, in preparation.

I’d use whatever has the better stats early on. Sometimes a green set gives a nice bonus when wearing all pieces though.

Playing through my seasonal character in regular story mode and enjoying it since it has been so long since I last played it. I notice that some of the seasonal requirements are adventure mode stuff and I can only see the Act I stuff. Once I finish the story line I can just switch it over to adventure mode at a higher difficulty, right? There is no rush to complete the season requirements since I have over 2 months to do them, correct?

Yep, complete story mode, unlock adventure mode, then attack stuff in any order you like. Though it makes sense to spend some time on the journey stuff at that point as it unlocks free set pieces.

Thank you, but “journey stuff?”

Every weapon you use should have a socket. Every single one. You should never ever be rocking a weapon with no socket. A socket with an emerald trumps any other affix and you should always roll a socket onto any weapon upgrade, if it does not already have one.

In a perfect world, you will save the Ramaladni to use on an ancient weapon. Every time a legendary drops, it has a 1/10 of being an ancient version, with much higher affix ranges. What you want to be farming for is an ancient version of whatever weapon you have settled on for your build, re-roll it for the best naked DPS output (exceptions can apply), which includes rolling an existing socket off in favour of additional damage affixes, then apply Ramaladni to that.

But it’s not always a perfect world, so it’s fine to use it during progression if you feel the damage boost will improve farming efficiency. Another Ramaladni will drop eventually.

Ah, hit ‘ctrl j’

It will list a bunch of objectives for you to complete. It’s actually pretty good to guide new players and provide short term goals to go for once you hit 70. The journey will typically guide you through the stuff you can do in endgame - get the cube, cube a leg, insert gems into sockets, run rifts and greater rifts, etc, etc.

As you complete each tier, new objectives will open up, getting progressively more difficult. Completing the first couple of tiers will award Headrig’s gift - free set peices that will appear in your mailbox (bottom left).

So the journey is great to show you the ropes and is also your shortest path to power in providing a free set for you to play with.

The season has a whole series of milestones/objectives, broken up into chapters. When you go to launch the game, while at character select, look on the right side of the screen. You can also get to the journey list in game from a teensy little leaf icon near your character portrait.

Re: Ramaladni’s, I actually got a second one from that goblin horde, so I used one on my sword of the tribes. I have an amethyst in there at the moment, because I’ve been trying to beef up my defense.

Sweet. The incense torch is my 2nd (after getting it I cubed the 1st) and it rolled pretty good stats right off the bat (I think). Except it lacks a socket…

Should I re-roll one of those for a socket, or use the Ramaladni do you reckon?

The build goal would be to use the torch’s cubed power and dual wield Kyoshiro/Crystal Fist - but I don’t have either of those yet. Don’t even have my nice belt I’ve been burning shards and DB’s for. ;)

Yeah, the monk wave of light Sunwoko build is pretty epic. Very strong build (well, it was when I last played it, but it appears the 4 piece bonus has been reworked since then). It can clear extremely quickly in it’s ranged variation using the Tzo Krin’s Gaze helm.

I’d be inclined to hold onto the Ramaladni for the time being, since in the end you will cube the Torch and the build benefits much more from the stacked powers of Kyoshiro with a Crystal Fist or Vengeful Wind.

I’d probably re-roll the life on hit to a socket and put your best emerald in there. 1k vit is a lot to give up and LoH will be ultimately limited by the slow attack speed. More vit will help mitigate spike damage and Dashing Strike can get you out of a pinch in a hurry. LoH is no good when you are already dead! :)

Incidentally, if you hold down ctrl when looking at an item, it will add a display of the affix ranges to the description so you can get an idea of how well an item has rolled.

Yeah, for Sunwoko I’d reroll the LoH. It’s not the strongest affix for the build.