Diablo III

I picked it up last night because I am weak. I like it so far. I went back to finishing Uncharted 2, but so far I like the controls a lot better.

@Mark_Crump whatā€™s your PS4 name? Iā€™m also on PS4 as LeafOnTheWind

@agapepilot BrammyH

So, Iā€™m down to two challenges left in the current season chapter I am working on: T12 nephalem in 6 minutes and completing one conquest.

I can clear t12 comfortably (apart from the occasional instagib when I take a hit with my defenses down) but not that fast. I had an ancient fury of the vanished peak drop, so I was trying to put together a build to do the conquest completing a Gr45 with no set items. I was getting fairly close to that being possible I think, and I just had an eventful sessionā€¦

A magefist dropped for me, which is great, because I had cubed the only one I had found and needed to use the cube armor slot for cindercoat.

Then, I ran over to the cube to upgrade a couple of 2h mighty weapons (how I got the FVP I mentioned above) and lo and behold, out pops an ancient blade of the tribes. Not a good roll across the board (low strength, no life on hit or fury, no vitality) but 200% earthquake damage. In a way, the worst part was that it rolled with a slot. Normally that would be good, but because I have a ramaldni, I had to roll the socket off. I got a high vitality roll on my first shot, so am keeping that for the moment (canā€™t really afford to give up 1k vitality rom my old one).

At any rate, Iā€™m thinking I can do the conquest now using this instead, along with magefist and an Andarielā€™s visage with fire damage boost and convection of elements, and my girdle of giants.

Still donā€™t think I can do the T12 in 6 minutes, but should be closer.

Do the season challenges make it so you can tell if youā€™re ā€œdoing wellā€? Sounds like it from Misguidedā€™s post above. How many challenges per season?

Ha, thatā€™s great.

84 across the 9 chapters: Diablo 3: Season 29 Journey Tracker

Of course stuff like mastering set dungeons comes with their own list of challenges, and I think with ā€˜conquestsā€™ you can pick from another list of challenges.

Well, the first 4 chapters do a good job of leading you through the progression and introduce new things if you donā€™t know about them. At that point you have your full set and they start to take the gloves off. Where Iā€™m at NOW itā€™s more like ā€œyou thought you were good at this, huh?ā€ But this stuff (meaning the later chapters of the season journey) is here for people that want long-term goals to do. Itā€™s not casual at this point, but you could be pretty darned casual and at least get your full 6-PC set in the first 4 parts.

This conquest is kicking my ass. I thought I was going to be able to do it, but itā€™s still taking my way too long to kill elites.

I know right? I was very surprised it wasnā€™t taken when I set it up.

Incredible! I just donā€™t get it, and am happy with that knowledge. Enjoy!

The season is getting a bit grindy now. I have good gear, but for Slayer I need to use the cube to fill one more slot, which means I need to scrap about 20 more Legendaries. Plus I need to run some bounties to get crafting stuff. And I am low on Dragonā€™s Breath. Not sure how dedicated I am just to farm this stuff. It still is fun increasing the level and seeing how my Crusader fares, but I am a bit sick of just collecting gear. Maybe time to move on until the next season/necromancer release? Still heck of a lot of fun, the game has improved a lot since release (as everyone reading this thread already knows).

Uh, why? You mean extracting a power, right? You donā€™t need forgotten souls for that.

I donā€™t? Maybe I am getting confused, but donā€™t I need 50 Forgotten Souls to extract a legendary power to the cube?

No, you must have looked at the recipe to reforge a legendary.

A power is 5 Breath and 1 of the bounty trophy things from each act, plus the legendary.

Fwiw, once you start pushing difficulty up to Torment X+, which you arenā€™t that far from, it isnā€™t all that unusual to get 5-6 legendaries from one rift, and even that seems a lot less daunting. And Deathā€™s Breath starts coming in buckets.

Ahh ok thanks, will have to take another look at it. I am at Tornent VI now, but going to up it to VII tomorrow and complete the other Slayer stuff.

Or start another new season class? Collect all 6 free sets! ;)

Think you only get the gifts once. The pieces you get depend on which character opens them.

Oh wow, I didnā€™t know that - I thought you could collect em all! Not that I was really planning toā€¦ I finally just nabbed a Ring of Royal Grandeur after farming many Act 1 caches.

Still a few bits off having my full planned Sunwuko WoL kit (helm, chest, Kyo fist) but Iā€™m fairly easily handling Torment X as-is. Working on Champion and getting some legendary gems up. It is getting a little grindy but Iā€™m not minding for now.

Not sure Iā€™ll make it through Conqueror to the Stash Tab.

Not sure I will either. Iā€™m trying to finish the step before that (destroyer?). Realistically, I might have to get some help if I want to get that far.

Correct. One free set per season.