Diablo III

I’ll try to jump on tonight and promote you.

ta345

If you want into the clan and are a current player, friend me or message here with your Battlenet ID.

Mine is sharaleo#1797

Any advice on where to go from here? Just completed Slayer and currently playing T8. I kill bosses with ease, in seconds, but the occasional pack of random monsters sometimes kills me. Not sure if it’s due to low resistances or armor. Basically the build is right from the link Misguided provided above.

I know I need to get my gems leveled up. What else, just look for better rolls on my set armor and other pieces?

I am an officer and still play now and then, not had any requests or anything in game. Last week I was on a fair bit, ill this week

Edit - Being UK based means I am probably on a lot earlier though.

Aquila Cuirass and Heart of Iron! Mandatory! Wear your best and cube your worst of those pieces. It’s not a resource spending build, so AQ will give you instant and constant 50% damage reduction. HoI adds significantly to your thorns damage.

Justice Lantern. Again, huge damage reduction. With this equipped you will then do everything to increase your block chance.

Turf the Focus and Ammy for a Traveller’s Pledge and Compass Rose combo - damage reduction and damage output.

Sockets on offhands are a waste these days. Usually you can get enough resist all via other means and it takes the place of something more beneficial, like maybe some recovery. You need an Akarat’s Awakening for skill resets or Vo-Tayias Spiker anyway. Again, wear your best and cube the other. Though if/when you go with the Spiker you will need to drop Consecrated Ground for Provoke - Hit Me.

Switch to Laws of Justice Decaying Strength for more mitigation. Drop Bombardment for Akarat’s Champion - mitigation, damage and fast rests due to Akarat’s. Over the long run it outperforms Bombardment, particularly for Guardians.

Convention of Elements is a staple in the cube. Time your Iron Skin procs for physical rotation for ludicrous damage!

Nice dagger!

Set up right, the Thorns build is seriously, seriously tanky, but you need a few items to stitch it together before it works. Building block chance is key, which then resets skills. But it kind of all hinges on Justice Lantern and Akarat’s Awakening.

Icy-Veins FTW!

Wow, thanks so much. I have a lot to research/find it looks like.

Just don’t ask me about any builds I have not played! ;)

If you pick EURO server there’s people that can you invite you nearly every day (and def in weekends).

Agree with all of this except Heart of Iron. In my experience, you’ll get a significant damage boost by cubing Sanguinary Vambraces instead.

That’s a great name - I called my barbarian Barbara Ann.

Haha, funny you should say that! Roughly since that barb I have been going for clever use of song titles or lyrics for my toon names!

I am particularly fond of one of my WD’s - OoEeOoAaAa

This has been my experience as well. I am able to complete high 60s GR comfortably with my current seasonal crusader:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aiteal-1661/hero/83713561

He said wear the best, cube the worst. I don’t think he actually intended using HoI in the cube, since you can’t do both at the same one.

I did mean wear one and cube the other. Though, my info is a few patches old.

When I ran my Crusader there were a few thorns items that did not interact properly with all the other skill and set boosts. Hack was considered sub-par, for instance as it’s thorns damage per attack was not boosted. Pig Sticker was preferred for the extra affix, attack speed and beast/human damage.

Could have been SV fell into that category, but now you mention it I do vaguely recall messing with them in the build at some point.

But you can’t have the same legendary affix working twice at the same time, right?

Do you need all the Diamonds in Chest and Pants? Thorns still scales from Str in some arcane way and I recall the build having plenty of survivability at least up into the high 60’s on my build at the time.

Correct. Wear HoI and cube AQ, if your HoI has perfect rolls, or vice versa. Moot if SV is preferred these days. Just wear the AQ as it is the necessary one for damage reduction.

You always want to consider that cubing an item will provide its maximum legendary benefit, regardless of the roll on the item itself.

Oh, duh, now I understand my confusion. I was thinking zhoI was belt slot, but both are chest.

<- derp

Incidentally, is there a legendary that converts life per second into thorns damage?

Probably not in the 60’s GR, I like the extra gem upgrade opportunity for not dying in GR so the diamonds buy me a little more safety cushions.