Diablo III

A kind soul on qt3 community helped me drop Malthael earlier today to finish my monk journey and complete my set. Yay!

I kept trucking for a while and got a few new goodies and now I’ve done a grift 30 in about 8 minutes and have 7/10 for the Slayer journey thing.

Having fun since this is actually going to be my most geared character ever oddly enough.

Now I am closing in on the Champion journey thing. A few adjustments and I think I should be able to drop a T10 rift in the six minutes depending on the map rng.

Having a lot more fun with the loot chase this time around than I honestly expected.

Having a lot more fun with the loot chase this time around than I honestly expected.

Same!

I think it’s down to the structure and goals set by the season journey, plus the free set giving defined builds to collect specific equipment for. Really loved my time with this season.

It’s also weird to me that I’ve just sort of evolved how I’m playing as I go and years ago I was very obviously not paying much attention to the synergies.

This time around I’m actually adjusting things as I go and getting great results. It seems the stars just aligned for me in monster clicking heh.

Well, for better or worse, the game is about those synergies now, beyond a certain point. Before, Diablo was more a case of I need a staple attack, a defense power, a mobility power, etc., but at least as I remember it, there was more room to mix and match.

Grim Dawn is sort of in the middle, in that it depends on picking powers and passives that reinforce each other, but doesn’t have the set items that multiply the effectiveness of them to staggering levels.

That is also true.

I’d never seen more than a piece or two of a set before now. It may be because I’d taken such a long break, but seeing the set bonuses plus other drops, plus cube options really intrigued me. So I’ve been running my monk and barbarian literally without resource generators in the game defined sense once I have the gear for it.

It’s pretty interesting.

Yeah, although I always liked getting a drop that inspired me to start a whole new character (that can still happen) having drops be more tailored to the one you are playing has its benefits.

I got the MotE set as the seasonal gift for my Barbarian, but also have complete Wastes, Immortal King, and Raekor sets in the process of playing that character this season.

Yeah, I’ll be very sad if they aren’t making Diablo 4 or a real expansion to this. I like Path of Exile just fine, but there’s a lot to be said about all the beautiful little touches that Blizzard puts in their games. The super tight controls, the music and sound and voice and the sheer character is really unmatched.

It just feels great where most of the rest of the genre feels clunky.

x100 for me. Blizzard is the best at “feel”.

So close to finishing off slayer. Had 3 runs of the Monkey King set dungeon last night where I got to the end and I missed 3, 2, and 4 mobs. The decoy part has been a bit tricky as well, because I can blow up pretty much everything on the screen with just a single wrong click robbing the decoy of kills.

1 piece shy of 3 complete Monk sets now. I really need to work on getting the new stash tab. If I keep running these season I will quickly run out of space. I already have 3 or 4 sets for my DH from season 6. It seems ridiculous that they don’t give people a little more space.

Finally got my rorg this weekend, and then it wouldn’t stop dropping. Now if it would just start dropping some Ramalandi’s gifts I’d be happy.

Yeah after getting the set gift I’ve now almost finished another set and have half of two others. Compared to never seeing a full set of anything before it’s been quite interesting.

I think that the game is finally clicking for me in a way that it never did before and I’m really enjoying it.

Now I just need to keep playing, and try to convert more pieces to ancients.

I have found three. And finally, FINALLY got a second Unity to drop a few minutes ago. Now trying to decide if I want to take a shot at reforging one of them…

Yeah you need to use the ‘force move’ key, rather than clicking to move. Clicking is too dangerous. :)

I didn’t realize I had one of those :(

Yep, keyboard shortcut. I think it’s W or something. Hold it and you’ll move towards the mouse pointer without needing to click.

I think it took me 4 goes to master that set dungeon:

1. Was clicking, so sweeping wind wasn’t getting the kills
  2. Sweeping wind was running out
  3. Wrong turn and didn’t kill everything in time
  4. Success!!

I tried the Barbarian of the Earth Set Dungeon a half a dozen times or so, failing every time on one part or the other. So I said screw it, put on my Immortal Kings set and sailed through that one first try. Easy peasy.

The way to fix set dungeons is to give everyone automatic credit for mastering every set dungeon.

Yeah, that one is brutal. I also did IK instead. Piece of cake.

Made my first serious go at the Thrill conquest today. Killed the rift guardian literally a second after time expired. But I realized I had forgotten something I had planned to do which should help quite a bit (more offense, more defense, better frenzy generation) and I think I should have no problem on the second go.

Knocked it out tonight. Now just need to do the T12 nephalem rift in 6 minutes, and 1 challenge to finish destroyer. I can knock out the T55 GR in that time, but haven’t managed it with the nephalem rift yet.