Diablo III

ya, it’s been about 20 levels now (10-30) and while it’s still killing stuff, it isn’t just popping like it did earlier. So i’m probably 10 levels or so from replacement i figure…

It depends on the affixes I assume.

The fist weapon I got for my monk at 13, I’m still using it at 60.

It’s got something like 100% skill damage multiplier for ALL monk abilities. So that plus a few legendary powers and I’m still using it.

Like damn that’s hot.

I’m pretty stoked about this one.

Can PL on both switch and PC now if anyone wants. Week 2 challenge rift is also super easy.

That buriza with a crit stacking build is pretty silly.

Well, it lasted until the 50s - but then when i started having trouble taking out treasure goblins, i knew its time had come. Then a succession of weapons that didnt last very long and the final, painful, final two levels to 70 with vastly inferior equipment…ugh, i hate the 65-70 curve so much.

But now i’m a newly minted 70 wizard. It’ll be a little rough for a bit, but hopefully it will sort itself out soon…

It is really bad, crushes my will to play every time lol.

the first rift was hard. Towards the end, i think it even pitied me, if rifts can show pity. But, i did get a legendary out of it. Then i got a little annoyed and decided to change my build up - i’d been pursuing this sort of ray of frost/frozen/explosive build and it wasn’t really doing well - to a ray of disintegration build and hoo-boy, did that change things. Instead of 333k damage spikes, i was seeingup to 9900k damage spikes. And the rest was fun history - now i’m back to torment level 1, got my cube, finished off chapter 1 and 2 for my first two set pieces and i’m rockin! The game gets fun again!

Yeah the only way it could be better is if it had the Dawn or 9th Cirri effect instead of the one not used in my build

Or it could be a million times fucking better than even that!

Since Snapshot doesn’t work on console this seems like our best bet:

Had to give this season a go. Landed a nice monk ethereal.

So i was in Torment 2, edging into 3 and i really wanted to get my set done. I was having problems killing stuff with regular attacks, but had no problem when i switched to Archon, so i thought i could go into 4, get my 4 keywardens and get the GR20 done and be done with it (those were the only things left). Playing hardcore, i swapped out a bit of damage for a bit of mitigation, but felt fine.

Just about lost it all - Archon was still fine, but when archon was on cooldown, damage was inadequate. And the mitigation i added in no way compensated from going up two torment tiers. I got popped so quick, i almost didnt realize that Unstable Anomaly triggered. But, not wanting to retreat, I figured if i played careful, i could do the keywardens (and i did) and then maybe GR20. GR19 was a tough slog, and i cleared it in about 13minutes - there was no way I was getting through GR20. So i decided to test out my legacy of dreams and a bunch of random equipment i found…and the difference was mind-blowing. Instead of doing 2-3M and spikes of 9M damage, i was doing 25-30M and 80M spikes. Torment 4 was a joke and GR20 fell in 5:01. I love the way this game does this…I just wish it didn’t bury it after doing levels 0-70 for the nth+1 time…

So true. 0-70 with out a PL is always a complete grind.

Happy to help with PLs, just not on hardcore. That Puzzle Ring strat is working out great. I’ve done 4/7 on 2 accounts so far. I need to speed run GRs anyway, I just swap to a 31 crusader every time I get 1400 shards banked and roll for puzzlers.

Challenge Rift is broken on consoles this week. Don’t bother, it’s unwinnable

The ethereal drop rates certainly seem front-loaded to me. I’ve played through the entire game with two new characters and the last ethereal either saw was at level 25. Four total drops, two apiece, both around levels 10 and 25. Either a weird coincidence or. . . .

I think that just might be randomness at work. I’ve seen 5 or 6 ethereal drops at 70.

Changed my build around to emphasize mitigation. Dropped from peaks of about 850M damage to 150M…but i could stay in one spot at 100% resource and just pour out the damage and not really worry about defense. Then i found my second ethereal(for this class, i have found one other 70 for demon hunter), and that spiked up damage again(now topping out at about 1.2B). It’s a great feeling, and I’m still not done (in particular, i’ve only got 2 legendary gems because I cant find a good socketed ring and i don’t want to blow my one remaining free-socket thing)

I started two characters over the weekend, and both got an ethereal around level 10

I haven’t seen an ethereal yet, and I’m paragon 60 or so.