Diablo Immortal - Stay awhile and pay on your mobile

We shouldn’t really worry, since all devices will be obsoleted by the Apple Trackpad anyway.

My fully objective (objective, I say!) review is that CR is the best multiplayer RTS ever done for any platform.

I never wanted to download what sounds like a horribly generic mobile game… but now I have to after reviews like this. Can you challenge friends?

CR is everything wrong with mobile games. I mean, the general gameplay is fun, but the grinding is so awful is sucks all the fun out of it.

Yeah, Clash Royale is my favorite mobile game. It perfectly fits that form factor. “Best RTS ever” is a completely bonkers claim, but CR is the only mobile game that could even be close to a designation like that.

I have a long commute and I play games on my Switch and iPad. It’s hard to play regular mobile games when you can play classics like BotW or a full PC version of Civ6 on the train. I just got Diablo 3 for the Switch and it’s pretty good, but very small.

Yup, and I think it even allows for less grinding if that’s your objective.

Yea, it would be. Coolio.

Edit: Downloaded it only to discover there’s no landscape mode for proper tablet play. Uninstalled. Disappointed.

Do you guys remember the “Is this a off-season April fool joke?”.

Welp, it seems it was not something out of the blue.

It seems Blizzard itself did a joke about making a phone version of Diablo

What in 2014 was a joke “haha, a cellphone diablo”, designed to troll the blizzard fans that would fail for it and consider a cellphone diablo a real thing, was instead just a in-season april fool joke.

Fast forward to 2018, is not a joke anymore, nobody is laughing.

Someone on r/pathofexile bought the playdiablo4.com domain and made it redirect to the Path of Exile official website. They then received a trademark infringement notice from Blizzard’s lawyers. This is where the domain redirects now.

2,527 votes and 120 comments so far on Reddit

Edit - why is copying shit from reddit on mobile so fucking hard?

This is exactly the game I’ve been praying for. That footage is remarkable, so I’m remarking on it.

It’s 2018, they should accept apple pay!

Jason Schreier has a big feature on things Diablo, which includes some interesting details like Diablo 4 being rebooted in 2016 and Immortal starting out as a product for the Chinese market.

Blizzcon has been over for over two weeks and yet people still keep making Diablo Immortal memes. This product will be DOA in the West. Blizzard may go on to make untold millions in China, but they might as well not even bother with western localizations, because nobody is gonna buy it.

Balderdash. If it’s a great game, people will buy it. If it’s a great game and has reasonably non-predatory monetization, I’ll buy it myself.

Im sure it’ll be free to play, so there won’t be any entry price. But here’s hoping they learn from Path of Exile to make the monetization fair.

I’m not sure where you get that the small number of people posting memes or hate videos even remotely covers the number of people who play Diablo or simply know of it and will want to try out a well known IP on mobile. DOA? Hardly.

That said, I expect it to be more popular on the market it was originally aimed at, i.e. the gigantic Chinese market.

I hope they charge twenty dollars and all the monetization is super light.

But you’re probably right.

And yet they get 60K upvotes on Reddit.