We know this is coming, and we are almost assuredly getting the announcement later today. Blizzcon 2019 is where they will announce it, and we know because the artbook is arriving and folks are getting Diablo IV art and interviews with the people working on it.
Revealed! And it looks great!
Notes I took during the presentation/gameplay video (linked above):
- Really embracing the horror elements this time.
- Bigger focus on world-building.
- PvP zones and other players to trade with (online).
- Isometric (anything else would be uncivilized).
- Developed for PC and Console (PS4/XBO).
- Barbarian, Sorceress, Druid revealed to kick things off.
- Terrible place to live.
- Looks fantastic!
- Character selection around the campfire!
- Bear Mode.
- Mounts to ride around the big open spaces.
- More interactive environments.
- It looks like Diablo III’s smooth combat.
- I bet that’s Cain’s grave and his brother.
Blizzard News Item:
Inference from the text on the news page:
- Five zones, interconnected and explorable.
- Use mounts to roam and explore from zone to zone.
- Fully supports the single-player experience. Keyed dungeons offer end game content for solo.
- Five classes planned for launch.
I would suggest upfront that we keep this discussion for folks that are excited about Diablo and want to talk about the upcoming game, and leave the Hong Kong protest topic (and Blizzards mis-management of that situation) to the relevant thread.