Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

After a small patch, I hit play on my PC at 7:07 and it took a while for the game to actually load but I hit a 3 minute line and played for a good 1 1/2 hours. Very smooth, no issues, fun game.

I still get the license issue. Think I’ll go something else for a bit.

Logging out and logging back into my PSN fixed it.

Got in at 7, queued for maybe five minutes, played for almost two hours. Got my Chain Lightning Sorc to 12. Mostly good performance, still a bit of rubber-banding around certain objects/places, but mostly fine.

Glad I decided to do my first run softcore, as I died once in a world event, but other than that no real issues on WT2. I went back and forth on going WT! or WT2, and while WT1 is undoubtedly more efficient, if you are trying to just crush the campaign to get to the end game and move into WT3 as fast as possible, but that’s not my goal. I’m enjoying the challenge level, as I did in the betas.

I can’t get in at all. The Play button doesn’t even light up for me.

Granted, I haven’t bought the game, but that’s just niggling details.

Played for about 2 hours, no issues at all. My fireball Sorc is rather underwhelming, but I played chain lightning during the beta so figured I try something else this time.

No problems after the first ten minutes or so. Flawless launch on PC, IMO. Bravo Blizzard.

Oh yeah, I just stopped. Five hours. Level twenty four.

Playing on World Tier 2 is no joke. That or I just suck at the game. I’ve been stuck in Act 2 at a cerberus-like boss and I had to give up and do a different quest.

I picked the rogue. You win… It is a lot of fun to play. I have to look up a guide though as I have no idea on a good combo to setup. I very much like the structure of this game vs the previous ones. Major thumbs up so far.

Interest level rising… one of the biggest things that I thought were a potential red flag from the reviews was that the bosses are mostly easy. If the bosses are easy, and the clumps of mobs are easy, where is the challenge? Didn’t realise you could play on a higher difficulty right off the bat.

Hit an awesome bug after returning to a dungeon through a TP. It’s like the game thought I was still in town and wouldn’t let me use any abilities except drink a potion. I had to alt-f4. And of course, the dungeon was gone. I was at the end. And they’re way too fucking big. Fucking great.

You guys even considering hard core characters are nuts.

I haven’t kept up with this thread till now, but you can’t get away with that reference without this!

Only had time to do a couple hours of play, to level 12 with my rogue last night. Going with similar skills as my last Server Slam version, Puncture with Twisting Blades, but decided to go with Caltrops and a trap instead of Concealment and Shadow Step. More offensive defence.

I was incredibly disappointed with myself, dying once on a boss battle in a dungeon that I never died at in the betas/slam weekends. Not an auspicious start, but I’m eager to continue today.

Not that new reviews are neede but

It seems the game is huge. HUGE. 80 hours without endgame or engaging in the more MMO stuff.
Then again, a complaint is that is a bit too safe in gameplay, it has lots of dungeons but they can be samey, the open world can be a bit checklist-y, etc. So they are going to be 80 hours doing a lot of the same. Then again, that’s what Diablo players sign up for!

What does it mean when your screen goes dark? It doesn’t seem to mean low health.

I am watching this as I am currently on the fence whether to buy D4 on launch day, and this review really baffles me.

He says a whole bunch of things which if true is very damning:

When he talks about the bad feeling of level progression (“the scaling that’s at work here is so aggressive it completely robs you of a feeling that I think is central to these sorts of experiences”), bad itemisation (“the value of powerful exciting drops is greatly undermined and is further undermined by D4’s approach to crafting and legendaries”, “Diablo 4’s item economy and sense of progression feels like a massive step back from Diablo 3”), build experimentation (“the lack of incentive to experiment with buildcraft is further exacerbated by the skill tree design”), boring bosses, no new ideas, etc…

Yet he recommends the game and heaps its praise in certain parts of the video. Why? Because there is ALOT of content (yet he doesn’t say many positive things about that content), pretty good story, and the classes feel different. Seems underwhelming but maybe playing it has a secret fun sauce that reviewers like this guy are struggling to put into words.

Game launched fine for me with no queue. Playing lightning sorc and they definitely nerfed it significantly

Got in at 11am on the dot here in NZ and have got my sorcerer up to level 28.

I’m obviously not as efficient as others at levelling as this has taken me around 10 hours.

Have had two legendary drops one story related which is cool but I won’t spoil.

I think there is a lot of ‘+2 score beacuse it looks great and is a highly polished Blizz game’ going on.

Lot’s of ‘excellent, but, but’ followed by 9/10, 10/10. Usual malarkey.

It’s the design I’ve always been drawn to so I will probably dump a billion hours into this. It’s fun to run into random people doing quests, it runs and looks great… I just have to figure what I’m actually doing. I will just end up using a guide as I’m clueless on doing builds.