Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

The reward system in the early tiers (I & II) doesn’t seem to give purpose to doing other than the big events if legendary loot is what you are seeking. The chance of finding legendaries seems incredibly small compared to past games. I’m thinking that’s because they can’t have similar drops from non-world events that you can get by killing a boss or doing a gathering legion or something like them.

It also has the side-effect of pushing people to create their own legendaries via aspects. Unfortunately, that is also gated behind crafting ingredients that are also rare to come by.

I haven’t changed a piece of my gear in a couple days now (maybe a weapon, but certainly no armour/jewellery). With the amount of playing I’m doing, that’s not a good sign.

On another note, for classes that can carry an alternate weapon like rogues and barbs, do the stats on the alternates work even when you aren’t using the weapon? I’m thinking they do outside of the direct damage itself, but that would be odd for the barb because they’d give four weapons worth of extras. What’s the verdict out there?