Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

You’ll need to add it to the emote quick access circle thingie. I put it into one of the empty slots.

Thanks! I hadnt noticed that the emote are editable, I guess that;'s the point of the quest.

cheer was already there for me, on the other page.

world boss in 25 min or so

I guess they finally figured out how time works.

Yeah, ha.

I’m at 22 and going in to give it a try. Noticed others lower level than me so why not.

[Edit] Well, our group had it down to just above the last notch on it’s health but it escaped. Many deaths. Definitely need higher level characters.

We were able to down it. Died probably 10 times. Got 6 legendaries

Took on the world boss, managed to take it down with less than a minute to spare. Boss dropped about 5 legendaries, and after I left, my stash was circled red so I opened it and lo and behold I had missed a grand cache drop which contained another 5-6 legendaries.

It’s like candy, but Bateau pointed me out that the powers are all consumable, and the powers I want aren’t found in the Codex, so I supposed the best powers will be saved for consumable extracts.

Wow, congrats! That must have been something to get all those legendaries at once. I might try again later on but not worried too much since it’s beta and all and we don’t keep anything for main game.

I found a side quest (level 7+) that is impossible to complete. Wants me to visit a shrine that doesn’t exist in the area marked off with the blue circle. I roamed around a bit, but nothing. First real bug.

Got to level 25 and I think the enemies are a little too spongy, even on Tier 1. It started being more noticeable after level 20 or so. I now have a lvl 20 req legendary from that purple stuff vendor, socketed, upgraded to level 2 etc - the works basically, and I still find myself spending a lot of time dealing with basic mooks. If this trend is going to continue we are once again heading into the CDR meta direction I’m afraid.

When I finally got to the big town, I salvaged all my loot, which was apparently a mistake as it didn’t give me anything in return. I accidentally clicked passed a warning message.

I’m guessing the message was:

Are you sure you want to Salvage everything you have like a dumbass? Unlike Diablo 3, we don’t give you anything in return anymore, you only gain the ability to do cosmetic changes by salvaging something now, no more materials. So be sure to click No and go back and sell these items instead.

You do get materials for salvaging.

Huh? How come I didn’t then? A bug, you think? Or are the materials in a different tab or something where I’m not looking?

What class?

Are you sure? I’m quite certain that you do get salvage, it’s just not stored in your inventory. That’s how you pay for upgrades.

What class are you? I was playing sorc and was basically face-melting every mob and boss from 1-25 with zero deaths. Drop a hydra and chain lightning the survivors.

Barb. Lunge, WW, Rallying Cry, Deathblow, War Cry, COTA. I mean the damage is ok but it’s significantly slower pace than other ARPGs I played recently (PoE, LE), especially at lower levels.

They are automatically deposited to you resource tab.

It’s true that the UI isn’t very intuitive nor friendly to move around in, at least on console. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a great number of people missing out on aspects of it because they are playing on Veteran without the guides that I think it said are on the normal level.

Maybe it’s just going to take some getting used to. I really wish I can see more at once; I feel like I’m constantly changing menu screens and drilling down through them to find the things I can do.

As an aside, I found that gem upgrader that blipped up when I hit level 20, a little symbol beside the jeweller had me head over and, sure enough, I could combine lower gems into higher-quality ones for a hefty price. That there is going to be a huge money sink, I think, if socketting items is a big enough deal. 4500 gold just for combining the first tier.

Ok so it seems that the items you get from the curio vendor are actually slightly lower item power than what you can find, despite higher lvl req. Now I need to figure out if dps is averaged over the entire inventory’s item power, or in case of barb, over all the equipped weapons, because you also get the benefit of different legendaries’ passives bonuses, despite not using them with a particular skill.

edit: For reference, my attack power at 25 is 441.

edit2: Sure enough, upgrading my weapon in non-used slots increased attack power. This is some bs.

Instead of piling into this closed beta, I fired up Diablo 3 again for the first time in a long while, and started a clutch of seasonal characters playing through the campaign (it’s pretty short if you know the basic of how to play).

I think they have changed the drop rate of legendaries since I last played, since my second character (monk) is now sporting legendaries in 4 or 5 slots, and building around them means I’m ploughing through Torment at level 40 in Act 2 without pausing for breath. Enemies just explode in front of me. It’s feels a bit like I’ve broken the game.