Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

Okay, maybe this is my problem of why everything is spongy? I’m L23, looking through my gear, my highest item requires L12 and it goes down from there to L6. Is that normal for that point in the game?

that’s pretty much the tactic I used on stream from start to finish. felt pretty solid and dealt with both groups and bosses just fine.

I used Blade Shift (2) with Fundamental upgrade
Twisting Blades (5) with the Improved upgrade
Shadow Step (1) with Methodical
Concealment (1)
Agile (1) + Mending Obscurity (3)
Shadow Imbuement (3)
Shadow Crash (1) + Consuming Shadows (2)
Shadow Clone

with this mobs are often dazed or stunned until dead and anything that dies to the shadow damage gives me energy back. The Momentum keystone at the end of the tree could make this even stronger later.

Oh sweet! Thanks

Where can you see your characters resistances? I have a choice of increasing one resistance to another and I realize I have no idea what they are now.

I reached level 16. I finished the unique sorcerer quest.
This area is just massive. So many side quests. So much voice acting! I don’t think enemies respawn in the dungeons, though they do seem to on the giant overworld. Hopefully they will tune that so that you’ll never encounter respawning if you keep moving. Like in Far Cry 2.

I’m impressed overall, but likely won’t be able to play the rest of the day unless I get super lucky somehow. Still, I hear in this thread I need to get to level 20 to unlock some kind of cosmetic. I guess if I do get lucky and my son allows me to get away for a few minutes at a time, it might be worth giving it a shot.

Anyone else stumble across The Butcher? I rounded a corner in a dungeon and he was standing there. I think he two shot me (wasn’t much room to evade). When I went back through that room after the respawn he wasn’t there.

I killed him in my first dungeon (the Light) with the Denmother. He was more difficult than any other encounter in the game. I thought everyone had to fight him until I spoke to a friend of mine. He will chase you through the entire dungeon if you keep running though at the level I fought him he only had the hook special attack that he used very sparingly, but his wide chops are difficult not to get hit by.

Yep, just playing my sorc, hit level 20 in Veteran, and encountered the Butcher while doing a dungeon (with the Blood Bishop). He was extremely fast and, even though I was dropping Hydras, I couldn’t tackle him. So I ran through mobs and mobs of lesser bosses and creatures slaughtering them while he chased. Then he vanished and I finished up the dungeon. It was very unexpected and no way was I going to manage it.

On the subject of the sorc with Chain Lightning and Hydras, she was a force, to be sure. Far and above easier than my barb was. This will certainly be nerfed come release, if the barb isn’t enhanced.

And oh my, I can’t get over how pretty the models are. This game…

Even at an early level:

Absolutely outstanding detail.

I had a brilliant bug where I was totally invisible for an entire dungeon. Sadly the mobs could still see me.

That’s happened twice to me, super annoying. Both times it was after I respawned from dying.

Happened to me as well. Fun for a moment, until I realized I couldn’t see where I was standing.

This dropped for me yesterday. Been fun for my whirlwind Barb:

Re-specced my barb when I got that.

Not respawning per se. Just that I’d enter an empty room and then suddenly there’d be a swarm of them all around me, even from the direction I just came from. No idea if it was lag or what, but as a ranged rogue I didn’t appreciate it.

They sure are. Honestly the POV kinda does it a disservice; I only get to see them this close in menus.

finished at one with my sorceress at level 23. Overall quite enjoyed it and I appreciate the fact that I spent less time wandering around looking for the right path or the waypoint.
I think I will like the crafting thoughts a little early to tell, the idea of deconstructing legendary items for their special properties and grafting those enter other items seems like it opens up lots of gear options.
i liked the voice acting when i was in the mood for it, but I dont understand why only some of it can be skipped, I hope they expand that before release.
yesterday i had several bad slowdowns in boss fights, only happened once today.

Got my sorcerer to 15 with chain lightning and the hydra pairing and it certainly clears rooms out.

Blizz did a great job with the authentication issues, never waited longer than a few seconds Sat or today to get logged in. No crashes, some bad hitchiness when portaling back to town for the first few moments, but otherwise smooth as pie.

Yup, whatever was going on friday got fixed.

Nice, thanks. I had been playing ranged rogue and only got around to trying rogue for a couple of minutes yesterday. I’ll try it out some more for release.

Guess I should also take a look at some guides to see what kinds of builds people are doing. I was just randomly picking skills that looked interesting.

Gonna try druid and necro next weekend. Then what to do until release, now that I have this Diablo itch?? I started playing PoE for the first time last night and am also looking at Last Epoch.

How the fuck do you port to other members of your group?

One thing that Last Epoch has done to spoil me is show item comparisons before even picking the item up. I wish D4 did that.

Wouldn’t mind that becoming the new normal at all. Speaking of which, did D3 have both genders for all classes? I don’t remember.