Diablo on the PC, 1996-2017, beloved videogame cherished by millions, R.I.P.

It’s written above but the 2 things I recommend are

• upgrade your weapon every few levels. That means you need to keep your blacksmith up to date. At the levels when he can create a new weapon do it (and I usually only craft 2-handed weapons since the DPS on them is so much greater than 1-handers). If you craft a weapon with a socket, put the biggest ruby you can craft into it. You shouldn’t have to start doing this until the 20s or 30s, and by then you should have enough cash to do some crafting (but be sure to break down every drop you get).
  • keep an eye out for a helm with a socket in it. When one drops, put the biggest ruby you can craft into the socket for extra XP.

Awesome, thanks. Between your posts, Bludd and Ryfft or however they spell it I should ramp up fast

OK, in preparation for doing speed runs with Necro starting again tomorrow, I followed all of the advice above and from those two streamers and got to 45 in about 3.5 hours. I’m sure they can do it faster but that was a big change for me. Doing leader of the pack stuff to get big exp bonuses helps. I used Fields and Halls. Worked well.

I got super lucky early and found a Leorics that had like 16 AC on it. Can I get a better one without destroying that one? Can I upgrade it somehow?’

I made a set of Cains exp armor. It has 4 pieces including the helm. Am I better off using that for the set bonus or swapping in Leoric’s helm? I put the super expensive rubies in it both of them, not sure if I can have the jeweler make better ones than that.

I also wasted an hour cleaning out a rainbow that opened from one of the rainbow goblins. That was cool but blew about an hour of the run.

I also found one of the menagerie dudes and got an evil teddy bear pet, neat!

But the capper! I found a ring that had a loot goblin on it. It eats like 16 loots and gives me a better one, allegedly can drop a legendary. Is that useful long term or just a neat trinket?

The problem with the loot goblin, is that it eats stuff that give you mats that are arguably more valuable than most legs. Depending on what you are crafting/doing, the breakdown from those items can be pretty valuable.

Yeah, thought so. But is it worthwhile to use it on the fast farming early and then swap out later?

Only while it is best in slot at the time, really. If you get a better ring, switch it out. Also, as Ultra says, those yellows it is eating may be better off as mats to craft new weapons every time there is an upgrade at the armoury.

Just save the puzzle ring to slap in the cube later for a fun trip to goblin town later. That’ll be it’s main use once you hit 70 and get better rings.

Oh fuck yeah, good point! Ha, forgot that was the actual legendary ability of the puzzle ring, I chuck them in the cube so quickly I barely look at them anymore!

@Kadath, put that fucker in the cube by itself and hit transmute!

Ok it opens a portal? I have two of em now, I will use the lower one.

Enter, you won’t regret it.

That was fun, thanks!. Got my first season character to 70 and the first two quests complete.

So, should I immediately start wearing my Zunis pieces or keep the Cains in those slots for exp until I get a full Zuni set?

Set bonuses are very powerful, so if you have enough pieces to get any of the bonuses I’d wear them. If you are short a piece wear or cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur. It’s a very good power spike.

Is that craftable?

It’s a drop from Act 1 bounties.

Ok cool

Finally got the 6 set bonus on my Monk so I can have 4 or 5 “mini-monks” active at the same time which let me quickly get from Torment 1 to Torment 4.5. Now to find those boots that double that number, and maybe Tasker & Theo to increase attack rate by 50%. The staff that gives them 120% extra damage seems nice as well.

I wonder if their hit rate is affected by Attack Speed?

Yes, which is why you want to cube Flying Dragon (which procs a chance to double your attack speed) and use the Inna’s staff.

Some good builds with gear/skill suggestions here:

So my WD season guy has gotten 70 and through the first 3 acts. I have 5 pieces of Zunimassas due to a lucky drop. I havent upgraded my weapon in like 4-5 days of play now.

I can romp through Torment 1 riftsin 5ish mins and T3 in about 15-20, I cleared GR13, but I can’t beat the T4 guys needed to complete this step (Diablo, Belial and 4 keywardens). I’m honestly not sure what I should be focused on now to get to the next step, any suggestions at this point? I have all + damage jewelry, 1 of em socketed with a greater rift gem adding even more dps.

Cheers for the build guide, at Torment 9 now. Need to take it a bit slow now, have around 40M Effective Hit points, with 1.1M raw HP, but usually when I take a hit I drop down to 50% hp. Seeing as I’m on Hardcore Seasonal, need to be a bit more careful than I otherwise would’ve :)

Managed to get the boots to give me 2 x Minions on the Monk, then someone in party gave me Ancient Tasker & Theo for another 40% attack speed.

Used the cube on two rings, and managed to get the two set rings that require you to only use Ancient equipment, I guess it could be really powerful with a full ancient build. (100% damage per Ancient and 4% damage reduction. I guess if you have all slots filled that is 12 or 13 x 100/4.

Got an ancient and a normal Flying dragon, so I cubed the normal one. The damage boost it gives is pretty noticeable.

Do you need to wear those boots or can you cube them with your setup? You could very easily gamble those boots w a level 8 monk. That’s how I got Lut Socks for my barbarian in the previous season. Never mind, see you got them already.