Did Postal 2 really sell well?

Anyone have the real numbers? I keep reading that Postal 2 was a smash hit! Of course this is on the RWS website, that the developers make the claim. So how well did the game sell?

http://www.gopostal.com/index.htm

There’s no way to tell for sure.

Since it wasn’t really carried by the usual game retailers, the “game” doesn’t appear in NPD data.

The only thing I heard is they made 50,000 copies and sold out of them almost right away.

It was carried by EB/EBX. Are there others? :)

Peter

It was carried by EB/EBX. Are there others? :)

Peter[/quote]
Heh heh… not really… but I’m not sure EB reports to NPD anymore. I’ll dig around and see what I can confirm.

I hate it when bad games sell well. It reminds me of how stupid people are :).

I liked the concept of Postal 2, I just thought it was executed poorly. It seemed to me that they got so wrapped up in “being shocking” that it came away with not really being much at all. I played it for about an hour though so perhaps it went to the crapper on the second level :)

The game that feels like a mod.

oh that reminds me… I still have to delete that shit from my computer.

And I wouldn’t be at all suprised if it did sell well… I remember how GTA3 got banned here for a bit, no one had even heard of it, yet when it was re-released it became one of the most popular games to be played.

It just proves what Womens Mags have been about for years… People love controversy.