Did The Witcher 2 make you think about upgrading your PC?

The australian guys sould do something, a revolution maybe, … to get decent prices for software and hardware. :-/

I don’t know of any good reason you guys pay double for stuff made in china.

It still hasn’t made me upgrade because i still haven’t bought it… but it will ^^

It made me THINK about upgrading. I didn’t. Ran fine at medium settings. Still looked really good.

Where is the option for, it wouldn’t run on my current machine, I thought about upgrading, decided I couldn’t afford it and did nothing? I do not believe the poop choice covers my particular situation.

The odd way this question is phrased makes me wonder whether I knew beforehand that TW2 would be much of a graphical showpiece. I timed my upgrade for it because it’s the first of a small wave of big releases with good graphics that I care about. That’s as good a time as any. But 2 or 3 months ago, did we know the graphics would look this good or take advantage of a new PC? I can’t remember.

It and the upcoming games over the next year prompted my purchase of a new video card, yeah (4850 -> 6870).

It made me think about it. But then I was cheap.

Yes, but at 640 x 480.

I definitely thought about a new video card, but in the end settled for running at 720p.

I voted “Nope” even though I haven’t bought Witcher 2 yet, but I’m reasonably confident it will run fine on my current rig (Core 2 Quad, GTX 570). I may still get bitten by the technolust bug & upgrade this year, but that’s because I’m vulnerable to technolust, not because of W2. :-)

Made me think about a new video card, but since it’s playable on low settings and still looks quite reasonably pretty I’ll hold off for now.

Yeah, that’s me too - should have been clearer in the poll. My old 3.0Ghz dual core, 9800GT and 2 gig of RAM actually runs it quite acceptably - but I feel the pull. Oh yes.

Naw, that’s not true.

Ditto.

My 2 year old cpu + video card handled it just fine (~40 fps) at 720p.

40 people in this thread have very liberal definitions of “fine.”

Perhaps they’re primarily console gamers like you and accustomed to bad framerates and low-res graphics. ;)

Sorry, I couldn’t resist that one.

Full point!

I did a completely new box for The Witcher 2… but I had to click past several warnings of impending system death every time I booted my old one anyway so it was only half The Witcher 2 and half wanting to upgrade before something fried and potentially made transferring my data more difficult.

Which is something the graphics whore OMG it only runs at 48fps on my twin monitor 2400x1200 triple card setup crowd would do well to remember :-)

Plenty of people are happy with 30fps at around 1650x1050 resolutions on their 22" ish monitors. I know I was for years.