Die Hardest - Die Hard 6

Yes. That’s actually the proposed title. “Die Hardest.” Sigh.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/exclusive-die-hard-6-gets-a-screenwriter-and-a-title

Brit Ben Trebilcook writing.

Details are scarce at the moment, but we know that the story begins in New York, before moving to Tokyo, which will be the predominant location.

I wonder how they can make it even worse than the last one?

Perhaps give McClane a cyborg gun arm? Have him survive a nuke to the chest? Maybe he can take control of the wind, and have the wind kill his enemies?

F. Paul Wilson would ask too much for the rights.

I expect there to be lots of ninjas in this.

“Motherf–” shuriken ricochet

Speaking of tired franchises, I just watched a preview for Fast and Furious 6. Ugh.

Tired franchise? Must be time to just reboot the series then!

The Fast and Furious movies make a load of money with each sequel (with the exception of Tokyo Drift) because they have successfully tapped into what the fans of the franchise want to see. Cars, hot women, explosions, Vin, crashes, and exotic locales. They may be formulaic and dumb, but they satisfy the fans. In contrast, the Die Hard movies disappoint the fans more with each installment.

I have not yet been disappointed by an installment of Die Hard.

Isn’t Willis getting a bit…up there for this kind of thing? Isn’t he like 60?

He’s 58, which is probably exactly why he’s trying to “finish” the Die Hard series and doing other action movies while he’s still able.

Die Hard Already :(

Wow, the 5th one didn’t look good at all. I LOVE Die Hard and I had no interest in seeing it. How will a 6th movie be better?

So this latest one wasn’t that bad then? It’s worth watching?

I enjoyed it. Thoroughly.

As long as he yells “I’m on vacation” a few times, that should account for any infirmity due to old age.

-Tom

Stallone is still making action movies in his mid 60’s and still looking passable.

One of the (In my mind) biggest action heroes these days, Liam Neeson is over 60 as well…61 I think actually and he does quite well, I’d say.

Die Hard 12: So Very, Very Tired

https://youtu.be/8rn_ploeEK4

Yeah that was perfect. Don’t make a whole movie. Just that.