Digital Boardgaming opinions?

Well, he’s defining expansion as “modular thing to add to your game”. They’re sold bundled together for the most part. I think there’s only like four or five boxes? Maybe? But you don’t have to use everything in a box (and usually would not) in any given game.

Fans of Mad King Ludwig should check out Chambers of Devious Design. This homage to Ludwig has henchmen crafting the most evil lair for their supervillain master. Place rooms that shoot cannons or lasers. Other fun twists as well.

Gloomhaven is free on Epic next week!

Steam is having their yearly digital Tabletop Gathering thingy. Lots of demos and sales if you’re into it.

Definitely getting Wingspan, and Mystic Vale looks a bit interesting.

I’ve been eyeing some myself:
8 minute Empire
Steam: Rails To Riches
Concordia
Wingspan: European Expansion
Istanbul: Digital Edition

Any opinions on any of these?

I found this looking around:

Looks like it may be up my ally.

Not sure I would label it a boardgame but it was listed with the others. It is in EA.

I have some questions about the utility of conveyor belts in a zero-G environment.

I just starting playing a couple of 18xx games on 18xx.games and it’s awesome. Lots of fully licensed games. Really good wiki with full sets of rules and rule differences between games. Very lively community with dozens of live and async games happening all the time. And a really nice, clean interface. If you’re interested in dipping your toes into the 18xx world, it’s worth taking a look there.

Yeah, it is a really good site. I second the recommendationn!

I just got a notification that Nemesis: Lockdown is available now on Steam. I never picked up a physical copy, and I kind of regret that now. Hopefully the digital version is fun!

I’d like to try that, since I don’t own the boardgame and will probably never get to play it at an actual table.

But.

Apparently (although I had to dig through the steam forums to find this stuff out), it has no async play and no in-game save. In other words, you and your 4 friends (or strangers) have to stay logged in throughout the entire game, and you have to finish in a single session.

No purchase.

Hey, everyone. Looking for some Digital Boardgaming Opinions to help me with some contract work I’m going to be doing so this seemed like the right thread!

I’d be curious to hear what everyone’s SINGLE favorite digital boardgame adaptation is. Can’t narrow it to one?? Okay, maybe I’ll allow two. It’s just that I only have so much time, so I want to survey the cream of the crop!

You can give me the one you find the most fun or the one you’ve played the most, but if you can, I’d like to know the one that plays the smoothest, communicates the gameplay the best, has the best quality-of-life features. Basically I want to know the best adaptation more than the best game, if that makes sense.

I think Twilight Struggle is the answer. But I’m pretty fond of digital Race for the Galaxy and Terraforming Mars too.

You’ll need to narrow it down a bit more than that :) Are you doing single-player (vs. AI), synchronous multiplayer, or asynchronous multiplayer? Each of those cases requires very different affordances and functionality from the software for best results.

Castles of Burgundy. It’s a super-solid game (mechanics-wise), the app version is very attractive (the animations are a bit bloated, but you can turn them off), and it supports all platforms/cross-play (ios, android, steam) both real-time and asynch flawlessly with great push notifications. It’s all amazingly well done.

I’ll second Twilight Struggle and throw in Scythe

Twilight Struggle, Race for the Galaxy, and Ascension are all good answers.

For async multiplayer, the Twilight Struggle app and @jsnell’s minimalist but ultra-streamlined Terra Mystica site.

Good question. Ideally I want to study games that have both single-player and multiplayer capability. Examples of both synch and asynch would be helpful. So basically all of the above (except for purely single-player).

Boardgamearena.com ? 😄 It has thousands of well implemented games, you can play live realtime or async. It’s all multiplayer though and there’s no single player games