Digital Boardgaming opinions?

BGA vs. Yucata - I agree with JoshL’s assessment.

BGA’s presentation is generally slicker but in some ways less user-friendly (as JoshL notes, kinda harsh on mis-clicks, undo-s, etc).

Yucata’s presentation is sometimes more basic, but always functional (at the least…)

We’ve been having fun with a pack of Gremlins, Inc. keys. It’s Mario Party-like but the mini games are just dice rolls and card draws/discards, so it could be a physical board game without changing any of the rules. Slightly strategic but mostly light and funny.

Out of Early Access.

Supposed to be on mobile too

there is an expert bundle on steam, which allowed me to buy Scythe, Terraforming Mars and XenoShyft for 20 bucks. I already owned Small world and Lotr LCG… backlog is getting critical

Played my first game of Scythe tonight against human opponents. The AI keeps killing me, but I managed to eke out a win against two people who hadn’t played the digital version (but were pretty familiar with the tabletop).

Still playing Castles of Burgundy with friends- it seems to have some staying power. Though our current game about to finish has been taking literally a week- a problem with crossplay is that one one player only plays on Steam, and he doesn’t take his turn as often as the rest of us.

I will play you some night in Scythe (assuming you have the Steam version).

Also, I went through an added a few QT3 folks to my steam profile. I am curious if we want to get a friends list going, and the best way of sharing Steam handles in a public forum.

I’d be down for that. And there’s only a Steam version- no mobile versions (yet?). I’m on Pacific Coast time, but am pretty flexible to play.

Me, too.

And regarding Gremlins, Inc, I’d love to play it with fellow forum members, since playing it with randoms isn’t nearly as fun.

I added you to Steam as well.

My friends and I are looking for games to expand our irregularly scheduled virtual board game night. I’ve identified the following games that are available on Steam:

• Ticket to Ride (Mac & PC, 4 players max)
  • Love Letter (Mac & PC, 4 players max)
  • Carcasonne (PC only, 5 players max)
  • Gloomhaven (PC only, 4 players max) <- EDIT: not multiplayer
  • Small World 2 (Mac & PC, 5 players max)
  • Talisman (Mac & PC, 6 players max)
  • Gremlins, Inc (Mac & PC, 6 players max)
  • Town of Salem (Mac & PC, 7-15 players)
  • Catan Universe (Mac & PC, horrible Steam reviews)

Any others people would recommend?

Gloomhaven on Steam is single-player only.

I would add a few:

• Scythe
  • Raiders of the Lost Sea
  • Lords of Waterdeep
  • Axis and Allies.

Also:

• Terraforming Mars
  • Through the Ages
  • Charterstone
  • Sagrada
  • Yellow & Yangtze
  • Ascension
  • Shards of Infinity
  • Mystic Vale

For most of these I’ve played on mobile but can’t specifically vouch for the PC version.

Good to know, I just assumed it was multiplayer. Thanks for those suggestions!

To be clear, it is planned to include multiplayer as well as the whole campaign from the board game. That’s just not included in the current early access version yet.

And it sounds like it might actually be under actual development now.

Setting up any more Through the Ages games?

North.

But yeah, I hear it’s a great conversion,

3 patches in and the guys running Charterstone are responding well to user feedback. It’s still a little buggy but totally playable campaign after campaign and its beautiful and calming.

10 free games on Tabletopia worth playing:

I didn’t realise that some of those were free. Definitely would love to give a few a try.

Last night’s digital board game report:

• Raiders of the Lost North Seas.
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Lords of Waterdeep
  • Non Board Game Guantlet

My arch enemy won all three board games, much to my dismay. One of my friends and I have the attitude that we don’t care who wins, as long as (either he or me) loses. Not only did I get beat, I got smoked. In Lords of Waterdeep, I got stuck with the lord who needed to build buildings to win. I actually came in close to second (my arch enemy won by a lot). I had a strategy and stuck with it, but I kept having to use a meeple to claim the first player token so I could jump on the buy the building slot.

Raiders is a fun game. I am not sure I’d actually buy the physical game, but it’s a nice diversion on digital game nights.

Guantlet was frustrating. The second level was hard, and the game loses a bit of appeal not being able to mindlessly shove quarters into it.