Digital Boardgaming opinions?

I haven’t had that many problems with Scythe, but most of my experience is with a few friends mimicking our face-to-face sessions. Honestly, the big thing for me is not being able to have an undo in casual games. There have been plenty of times someone has had an “oh, shit” moment and we would be ok with an undo.

Every game should have an Undo button that is available until you end your turn, or an action that reveals a result of some kind… the exception being simultaneous games… And yeah, I don’t care if it slows down slight. If that’s a concern, make it an option and advertise options to avoid games that have it if some people out there are so concerned about it.

Yay! Glad its fun multiplayer as well! A nice fun game!

I am super impressed by board game arena. Really well implemented, very good range of games, and you only need one prmium player to access premium games. My group is using it a lot. If anyone hasnt given it a try yet for lockdown gming i really recommend it.

Yeah, I’ve used it to play Troyes. Works well.

We finally got around to trying this tonight- we finished our Charterstone game last week, and wanted something accessible. So I checked it out, and played a game of Can’t Stop with a buddy this morning. That went smoothly, so I signed up for Premium and we got a game of Roll For the Galaxy in, and then 3 games of 7 Wonders in under 2 hours. The site is very barebones, but it all works pretty flawlessly and is very easy and intuitive once you get the hang of it.

We’ll probably kick out some Troyes and Tzolkin in the next few days.

Blood Rage is still a tire fire. I tried two muliplayer games last night using the lobby. Both had issues during the draft phase.

My feeling is they got a ton of complaints from the way it was in the beta. In the beta, I had to wait for you to draft before I could draft. People wanted have all players pick from their hands at the same time and then pass. I bet changing to “everyone draft” and then have the game pass is where they are running into all their issues.

There is no way to save the single player game in Blood Rage. Totally unacceptable. If they fix that and the AI is decent I may pick it up one day.

Meanwhile this board-game style wargame launched yesterday. It’s old school in a bunch of ways, most notably for this thread that multi-player is either hot seat or PBEM. I don’t really grok it yet, but I’m enjoying it so far.

It also has it’s own thread here, but you probably missed it.

Avalon Digital seems to have published several similar games. Anyone know if they’re related to the old Avalon Hill?

Have they fixed the progression bugs in Charterstone yet? I’ve given up on the app until they do having started and failed to complete three separate campaigns.

I’ve finished a couple of solo campaigns, and I’m on game 5 of a 6-player online campaign. No issues so far. Well, early on the indicator of whose turn it is wasn’t working, that’s fixed; we did have one issue where the player on iPad had to wait an extra day for a patch before he could play, and sometimes turn notifications emails don’t show up. But we’re still going!

We finished our Charterstone last week. Early going was super rough, but after several patches, the last half of the campaign was very smooth. They did make a weird change where you couldn’t see the VP value of buildings after you placed them. Not sure if it was a bug or not.

They are a French company.

OK. Since they seem to be wargame focused, I thought there might be a connection.

How is the Labyrinth War on Terror app so far in early access?

It’s OK. I’m still waiting for real AI to be implemented. Right now you just have the single player bot from the physical game.

Multiplayer yet?

The implementation seems fine. I only played against an actual person. I just ended up hating the game. You just chuck dice until someone wins.

Is it just that there are more die roll than Twilight Struggle? Because what eventually turned me off to that game was that the dice tended to be too swingy, even if each player only would make about a dozen of them all game. If Labyrinth had more rolls, but their impact was lower, I could live with it.

Okay, bought Labyrinth.

I had read that it’s harder to pick up and start playing than Labyrinth. Yeesh, it sure is. The tutorial is complete garbage too and I barely have any more an idea how to play. It feels like the tutorial could have been five times as effective if they just threw on giant arrows showing you whatever they were currently talking about. (I actually got stuck on the “commit troops” step and it took me 15 minutes to finally find it with the teeny tiny hard to see highlight border around the cube. Not even the manual actually tells you where the troops track is.)

I dunno. I’ll try to give the manual a read through to see if I learn it better. Right now though, I’m inclined to refund it by the 2 hour mark.

Wait, wut? Digital Spirit Island was released a week ago? With digital Root a couple months away? And they’re NOT published by Asmodee!!!