Din's Legacy: Din Again

Excellent. Yeah, even with its issues, I am loving it.

I also died super fast. Town was under attack as the first game started, killed a bunch of stuff then two glowy elites marched in and slaughtered me and all villagers without their hp barely moving. :(

I think the town being under attack is intentional, but apparently it might be reworked.

I kinda love it.

oh I don’t mind the attack, I do mind monsters that can two shot you and take almost no damage when I literally have no gear or stats yet.

What makes this game worth getting over the previous Soldak games? Is the mutation mechanic fun enough to make it worth it?

Graphics are better, mutations are fantastic. What more do you need?

I don’t need but would really appreciate better sound effects. I loved Din’s Curse and I’ll be buying this as well once it’s fully released (now that I know about it, thanks kerzain); but some of the sound effects drove me nuts.

I don’t usually like to turn sound off in games, but will if I have to to play this.

the imp sound in particular has always been a bit grating to me, didn’t stop me from playing for many, many hours though

Haha I hated that imp sound so much I dug into the sound files and replaced it with silent wav file :)

Hey everyone! Mostly just posting so I get updated when there are new posts. :)

Personally I’m glad it’s not a Drox sequel so will likely check this out soon. Not sold on the orc bits but the gameplay + better graphics should be enough.

At the bottom of the thread, you can switch the levels from tracking to watching. If you do that, you can get an update whenever there is a post, regardless if you posted or not.

If you need my axe you just let me know, Brian.

I’ve tried it a few different times and would love to love it, believe me!

TRY AGAIN.

Version 0.802 is out: changes. This patch fixes higher level monsters getting into low level areas, fixes some specialties not unlocking correctly, fixes some skills not showing correctly once you get over 40 skills, and fixes many other minor issues.

Version 0.803 is out: changes. This patch fixes more difficulty spikes, several collision issues, some multiplayer issues, limits ambushes, and fixes many other minor issues.

THANK GOD.

Seriously, I was getting ambushes on top of other ambushes. It was insaaaaaaaaaane.

I got an ambush within an ambush all within my starting area on a level one character; that was a fine start.