Din's Legacy: Din Again

Having a blast with the game this time around! My character is still only level 19, but feels like he is starting to come into his own.

I keep running tiny maps/areas, and loving the variety. Sometimes it is escape the dungeon, and sometimes there are other factions involved and sometimes just to eliminate some enemy threat. The loot balance seems spot on with just the right balance of rare loot to sift through. Even though I only have one character at 19, I have unlocked a crap load of new classes and there are a ton! There seem to be more builds to try than you can ever try and the liberal mutation skill points you get to experiment on getting new skills to try is appreciated. Some mutations just happen and some seem to be linked to what happens to you in game. My guy is claustrophobic because he died due to a cave in, I believe, heh.

Just unlocked greater heal from the healer class and rocking plate/shield/block and using AEs and life leach to mow through stuff. I also got a mutation where I go werewolf at times and not sure whether I want to keep it or not. I cannot use any skills as werewolf, but the damage bonus is amazing and helps me knock down high bosses with it.

I am loving the game and my wife and I have been playing a lot of co-op.

Hey, Steven. That targeting problem is gone. Thanks.

Version 1.006 is out: patches & changes.

This patch adds a No rival clans world option, increases crafting item drops, and fixes a bunch of smaller issues.

Version 1.007 is out: patches & changes.

This patch adds textures/models for 2 mutations, fixes players getting stunned too long, and fixes a bunch of smaller issues.

Thank you!

I would also consider a change to curse? Some maps that include a lot of creatures that curse can be quite annoying. There may be a mechanic or counter I am missing, but like most people, we probably wear the best gear we can get and the main limiting factor on weapons and armor appears to be stat requirements and I never seem to get far enough above the curve to have points to spare.

With a curse giving you a significant reduction to all stats, this triggers a weapon overload and like 5-6 armor overloads which causes you to move extremely slowly. The game relies on movement and strategic placement at times, and it is just annoying as heck to just about be perma-snared for a level. I also think curse is extremely long, which can be fine. Maybe consider this change? Allow curse to reduce all stats for the case of calculating game stats for your character like Attack, Defense, Damage, etc., but just remove the effect of curse causing stat overloads for equipment? In that case it would have a pretty big negative effect still, but at least wouldn’t drive you nuts moving so slow.

Anyway, just an idea :). Games like this can be fun when you get to do a lot and mow down mobs. Having to use tactics and strategy are great, and the game is loaded with it, I believe, but being peppered with slows and stuns snares can wear on you at times. Hopefully that makes sense. It isn’t all the time and the only time I really notice it and where it bothers me the most is the longer effects of Curse.

Having a great time with the game, though. I just avoid those mobs or grind through them or create a new map if it bothers me to much :).

Version 1.008 is out: patches & changes.

This patch fixes some balance issues, adds resistances to a bunch of monsters, and fixes a bunch of smaller issues.

Version 1.009 is out: patches & changes.

This patch fixes a crash, a couple item issues, and a couple sound issues.