DirectX 7/8 SDK Download?

I’ve got some old DirectX 7 code that I’d like to recompile but to do so I need the DirectX 7 or 8 SDK. I can’t find a link for either of those SDKs. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of either? Thanks.

Isn’t DX9 backwards compatible with all those old versions?

I found a working link at http://bcb-tools.com/Downloads.htm#DirectX7

Runtimes, yes, SDKs no/not anymore. Microsoft used to try to maintain SDK backward compatibility and still does to a small degree but gave up on complete source backward compatibility at some point and only started to support a couple of versions back in each new release. If you try to compile DX7 code (and even early pre-DX8.1 DX8 code, IIRC) with a DX9 SDK that came out after some point in 2004 you’ll be missing essential headers, static libs, etc.

Finding older versions can be a huge bitch, I remember having to do something like this before. What actually worked for me was I happened to have a game dev book from around the time of the SDK version I needed and it had a DirectX SDK install on the included CD that fit the bill.

Earlier DX kits are also lots smaller. I have a stripped version of the DX8 SDK
somewhere, with just the headers and link libraries. Does the job for SDL compiling.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give red guy’s link a try first. Failing that, I probably have some old books in storage which may have the SDKs I’m looking for on CD.