Dirt 4 - More dirty cars and challenges

VR support I wonder?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9WJG1Q/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01N4SU6W9&pd_rd_r=2VP10MQC8YPQP80Z8361&pd_rd_w=f3YHU&pd_rd_wg=3TkBs&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=ED7W1V2T023B21N7M3E2&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=781f4767-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop&th=1
is at a tad over $40 today.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4SU6W9/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01N4SU6W9&pd_rd_r=2VP10MQC8YPQP80Z8361&pd_rd_w=f3YHU&pd_rd_wg=3TkBs&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=ED7W1V2T023B21N7M3E2&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=781f4767-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop&th=1
is at a tad over $43 today.

PC version is still $60 at Amazon. Is the PC version on sale anywhere?

Around $35 at cdkeys, for the ROW version.

$43 on GreenManGaming if you don’t like CDK.

I’m seeing $48 at GMG. $35 at cdkeys looks like a “worldwide” version, that’s safe, right? What does ROW mean?

Rest of world

Yeah, it’s my lazy shorthand for ‘worldwide’.

Really it varies per game, but usually means ‘everywhere the game is not region locked’, typically places other than China, South America, Russia, Central Asia, Turkey, India.

They keep doing this to me. They showed me $22 for Player Unknown Battleground too and none of my friends could see that price.

Hmmm, okay, I bit on CDkeys. When I saw that the game is coming out on Friday, I couldn’t resist.

Word on the street is that there’s a bit too much sideways grip in simulation mode (compared to DiRT Rally). Shame, since DR was already relatively forgiving in this area.

Still, it could be addressed in a patch and, if not, we can simply enjoy the fact that we have more rally action to sink our teeth into. Who knows, maybe it’ll be both…

I’m sure that will get straightened, if not by Codie’s then by fans.

Not even a silver Recommended badge! Damn it. Why did I pre-order? I never pre-order! I jinxed it!

Tom already has a number of Dirt 4 achievements, so hopefully he’ll tell us all how wonderful it is soon.

I picked it up for the PS4 yesterday. My PC has been a bit flaky and honestly I didn’t feel like waiting until Friday. :) I played a good 4 hours yesterday and I was having a blast. I haven’t played Rally in a while so a direct comparison is hard, but on the sim level I would certainly say it’s at least close to Rally in handling. Certainly doesn’t feel arcade or anything like that.

As for the tracks I haven’t had any issues with the generated tracks. Honestly unless you told me I wouldn’t have realized they weren’t handmade. What they did REALLY well is the weather. I think this is better than in Rally, but again I have a horrible memory. I drove a race in the rain at night and it was horrifying. Even worse I had a track that had thick fog in certain sections.

Won’t have much or any time tonight to play it. Stupid life getting in the way. ;)

Oh and they added some dynamic stuff on the tracks. I won’t spoil it, but it’s a neat touch. I’m hoping there’s more of the random stuff sprinkled in.

It is better than Dirt Rally in far too many ways for me to play Dirt Rally for any reason other than VR. :(

I had to go to the replay to make sure I saw what I thought I saw!

-Tom

Because it is less punishing and therefore you are so good at this game?

Picked this up on the PS4 thanks to the big launch discount. How many here will be on PS4? I know we had a lot on PC for Rally.

One of my issues with games like this is that the early bit involved some sort of 1960 Opal Lancia Furenza or whatever (I might not be technically correct on the name of the car). Those things make for relatively easy rallies because, you know, they’re old and they only go so fast. But then you get a nicer car and whoa Nelly!

But I’ve played enough racing games, and Dirt Rally, that I figured I was good enough to start Dirt 4 with a decent Evo instead of something more vintage. Therefore, I’m still very much in the whoa Nelly! phase. But I’m placing at around 28th or 29th among 60, so I can’t complain.

And I haven’t even tried the non-rally stuff yet.

-Tom

So whats the verdict from the QT3 people. Dirt 3 wasn’t that great, I loved Dirt Rally. Does it do a good job catering to both crowds or did they go too far in the Dirt 3 direction? I loved the difficulty of Dirt Rally.