DiRT Rally 2.0 - Ain't no ordinary Rally, it's evolved!

Rallycross: euuughhh :(

Yeah, it’s a shame that we’re getting Germany RX instead of Greece (and Latvia RX instead of Finland) from the first game making a return. But hey, at least we’re getting Wales, which was the best tracks from the first game.

So the total I’ll end up spending:

$2 Skoda Fabia
$2 Subaru Impreza 2007 (so far)

$3 Monte Carlo (so far)
$4 Germany
$4? Wales

$15 total? I might end up buying a couple of more cars that you guys recommend, so maybe $19 total for the dlc content.

Edited Prices, since Germany is $4, not $3, so maybe Wales will be $4 as well.

The community suspects there is a pretty high chance of a third season at the least due to some cars that have been spotted in previous in-game developer videos that currently are not yet in the game nor scheduled to come to the game in Seasons 1 or 2. Looking at you specifically mysteriously so far absent 2001 Subaru Impreza…

So if all the rumours come true then there will be plenty more rally focused content in the future.

Yeah I bought the Super Mega Deluxe Edition so I get Season 2 included so I will get all that unused (for me) Rallycross stuff. Have to agree Wales was awesome in DR1.

Got to say I am struggling quite hard in Elite on R2 in the Peugeot 208, not seeing a promotion to Masters anytime soon!

If you buy piecemeal, you don’t get access to the D+ special events, right?

Haven’t had as much time to drive remastered Germany yet as I did Monte Carlo and Sweden, but what I have driven so far has been just as good as I remember it being from the original DiRT Rally. Still adjusting to the differences in braking distance, improvements in the handling characteristics between the different surface types (dirty asphalt, cobbles, etc), and such. So far though, another good remaster of an old classic DiRT Rally location and I can’t wait for Wales.

Also, obligatory video of someone going ridiculously fast around the place…

I was a little concerned with how uncompetitive my times were in the R2 Peugeot on Elite so I googled “R2 Elite crazy times wtf lol??”. First response was a Steam thread saying the first-place AI time on the R2 Elite stage they played was one second faster than the world record.

I feel a bit better now.

Apparently you need to equip an FTL drive to beat the AI on Masters!

On 5/21, the Daily track with the new German track was in a Group B RWD car category, and I had decided not to buy a car in that category in this game. In DiRT Rally, I never had fun in those. Just too powerful, combined with being hard to control.

On 5/22 I got try one of the tracks. Really nice! One weird thing, at the start of the race, the pouring rain, as my car drove up to the line in the little cutscene, it sounded like the brakes were being slammed on. Maybe the handbrake was on?

On 5/23 I tried another German daily challenge. This time it was a bright sunny day, and in the little cutscene before the race, once again, it sounded like my tires were jammed because I was braking. What the heck is going on in those little drive-up scenes?

Not only is much of the DLC on sale for up to 40% off, but you can also grab the Deluxe Edition upgrade for 40% off.

I’m waiting for VR support but this is tempting. I see complaints about long-broken force feedback though, anyone verify how that is? I’d be using a Logitech G27.

They just released a major patch aimed specifically at this. Personally I play on a controller so never noticed an issue.

I’ve been going back and forth on the Deluxe upgrade at that price, but the incredibly limited campaign mode is keeping me from committing. I really don’t understand why they got rid of the option to make shorter campaign tournaments and tournaments for specific locations.

Yeah I saw, but people say it’s still busted. At least they’re trying to fix it I suppose!

There’ve been a few hotfixes since the big update too, but I can’t speak to their impact.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought the BMW, The Open Manta, and the Citroen. All for $3.57.

Those aren’t part of the season pass?

They are, but Sweden is part of the season pass, so if I buy the season pass, Sweden will start showing up in the career mode as one of the locations, which I definitely do not want.

Having broken down and gotten the Deluxe edition just now, I can tell you that the season pass appears in your library as all the individual DLC’s. That is, if you got the season pass, you could just not install the Sweden DLC but keep everything else.

Heh, well, I’m already in too deep to switch over my method now:

$2 Skoda Fabia
$2 Subaru Impreza 2007
$3.57 BMW, Opel Manta, Citroen
$3 Monte Carlo
$4 Germany

$14.50+ already, and will still buy the $4 Wales. So in the end I’ll pay $18.50+, so the new on sale $17.99 deluxe upgrade would have been cheaper for me.

It’s a shame Steam hasn’t got that formatted as one of their bundles that would discount for the ones you already own. Would be nice if they just always did that.

God, I had a good time this morning barreling across the German tracks with wild abandon in the BMW. I wouldn’t want to drive this car on any of the gravel tracks, but on the asphalt of the German tracks, it’s a great car. I finished the Weekly challenge, some tracks I really messed up, some I aced.

I love that the German rally feels just different enough. The physics feel just a bit more realistic somehow, I feel even more of a panic trying to brake early enough in the downhill sections before a turn, that sort of thing. The tracks themselves look slightly different in many spots. The designers are a bit cheeky with their smoke. Oh look, there’s smoke up ahead, I should watch out. Oh, no, it turns out that’s a barbecue, someone’s having a picnic. Oh no, more smoke up ahead! No, it’s just smoke coming out of that cabin. I guess they’re burning wood in there.