DiRT Rally 2.0 - Ain't no ordinary Rally, it's evolved!

Hmm, maybe. I feel like it is partly a function of the Wet TT leaderboards often being less populated than the Dry ones though. Pretty sure if I ran the same stage in the dry conditions I would be further down the standings. Ain’t anywhere near quite so close to the Top 10 in Group B AWD Dry Spain that is for sure, haha.

You were right. Here’s my first clean run:

I got on the same page as you! 19th best in the world, where you’re 8th best.

I was very proud of my performance in this daily challenge earlier today.

I’ve really come to like the BMW M1 procar Rally. It’s sexy and it’s controllable, and it’s powerful. Yes, it’s rear wheel drive, but it’s not like the Porsche and the Lancia 037.

Yesterday I finally got my Citroen upgraded all the way and used it to run the Daily Challenge in New Zealand.

This is the New Zealand track that’s scary because it takes place mostly at high speeds. There’s not many sharp turns, so you’re going really fast most of the time. So any mistake at those speeds are really devastating.

My run yesterday did have a couple of mistakes, but man, I love this track so much. New Zealand is not just beautiful it’s just so exciting. What an amazing track in an amazing game.

I need to get to playing this more. I’m still so early in the campaign but…so many different games to play. This one takes up so much time if I want to improve at it.

Weight reduction package.

Just as long as it isn’t wet though, otherwise the ol’ drivers overalls might get a bit muddy by the end. Got the car nice and muddy doing some wet R2 time trials in Poland recently.

VR support just dropped with the new 1.7 update! Also includes support for OpenVR thanks to Steam, for those non-Oculus users. Patch notes and stuff over here!

Another two seasons worth of content announced to be coming to the game. Kicking it all off with Season 3 starting in 27th August with the 2001 Ford Focus and Subaru Impreza. New content to the series includes the Peugeot 206, VW Golf Kitcar, Yas Marina RX, and Killarney RX.

Greece already looking rather fabulous, so can’t wait for the return of both it and Finland.

I’m a tad bit disappointed that the only Rally courses we’re getting are from the first DiRT Rally. On the other hand, yay for Greece and Finland! I’m probably just going to keep flat out dying in Finland, but you never know. I kept flat out dying in DiRT Rally in Group B RWD cars, but managed to keep them under control in this game, so you never know, maybe the improved physics will let me tackle Finland and actually finish some courses at a good speed.

Well, Season 3 is an easy buy and season 4 is an easy skip based on that. Yay for the return of Greece, which was always my favorite location in Dirt Rally.

Yeah, me too. When both Greece AND Finland were in season 3 I thought sure we’d be getting something new in 4. Turns out 4’s nothing but Rallycross. Bummer.

Sure, but remember there was no way to buy just Season 1 or 2. Either you bought the Deluxe content (which contained both seasons), or you bought individual DLC like I did. I wonder if they’ll change that now, and offer Season 3 and 4 separately? I doubt it.

Oh here we go, it was on their blog from the Seasons 3 and 4 announcement, at the end:

So I’ll have to decide between getting Season 3 and 4 together, or individual DLC. This time I might actually get the pack. There’s nothing like Sweden to be afraid of and avoid, even though I’m not going to use the Rally Cross stuff.

I’ll have to assess. Honestly, the only thing I care about in there is Greece, so I might just buy that and be done with it. I guess it will depend on how they price the package.

You should at least buy one of the four kit cars though. That way you’ll have a car in that category for the Daily/Weekly/Monthly challenges. Plus they mention that the FWD kit car category will be a good one for new players to learn the game on. I think it will be a good progression from the Historic FWD category to that one if you’re playing campaign.

I know nothing about cars, really - aside from the two clearly labeled “Kit Car” which other two are kit cars? Greece and a car pack or two is still sure to be cheaper than the whole shebang.

Heheh, I don’t know too much about cars either, especially rally cars. But I assumed the ones being released with the other kit cars in the name were also kit cars. I could be wrong though. But I’d guess the Peugeot 306 Maxi and the Peugot 206 Rally were in the same category since they’re being released with ones which have kit car in the name.

I wonder what category the Subaru and Ford Focus fall into? 4WD Under 2000ccs?

The 2001 Ford Focus RS and 2001 Subaru Impreza will very likely be in the Upto 2000cc 4WD class, as will the Peugeot 206 Rally. They all come from the early 2000s era of the World Rally Championship. The Seat Ibiza, Peugeot 306 Maxi and Volkswagen Golf will all be in the Kit Car class, probably called “F2” if it is anything like the previous game’s class categorisation.

The Kit Cars are going to be the apex predator of the FWD tree, more horsepower than the modern R2s and lighter weight to boot. That Peugeot 306 Maxi is going to have some serious grunt to it, and has a crazy good power-to-weight ratio that even the 2000cc and R5 cars would be envious of. So in terms of progression, the R2 class makes more sense to hop into after getting to grips with the H1-FWD and\or H2-FWD classes.

Wohoo! Time to drive sideways while also looking out the side window & trying not to hurl!

Diego