DiRT Rally 2.0 - Ain't no ordinary Rally, it's evolved!

I’m planning on getting an Oculus soon. Once I get that I will certainly be playing this a bit. If I don’t crap my pants on the first jump in Finland. :)

Woo. That reminds me that I haven’t tried VR support in Dirt 2. The last time I tried it in Dirt (v1) I nearly puked on my first stage.

Diego

It is a great game. I will play more, promise!

Just got this in the Humble Monthly and can’t wait to try it. Yay!

The humble version came with only minimal DLC. How vital is the season stuff, and whatever other DLC there is?

Season Passes are just discounted combos of cars + tracks. It costs more to a la carte each one you have unless you really like only one car or one track.

Perfect, don’t feel too bad about it then.

Or, you can a la carte buy cars and tracks as you have money or want them. No rush.

Pretty good price on this wheel. I may get it and get back into this game.

What is a good single player non rally racing / driving game? I pretty much completed Forza Horizon 4. I tend to like normal (non super cars) on road courses - maybe something like Gran Turismo. Anyhting sorta like that for PC? It looks like the regular Forza games aren’t on PC (at least not on Gamepass).

Damn, this is on deep sale on the Playstation Store right now. $30 for the Super Deluxe version that contains basically everything (I think).

Is this a no brainer? Does it play well with just a basic Playstation 4 controller? I’m really looking to avoid my own advice in another thread, and stupidly add yet something else to my backlog.

Healthy chunk of free content incoming for existing Season 1+2 (Deluxe Edition), Season 3+4, or all of the above (Super Deluxe/Year One) owners; the upcoming DLC is otherwise paid DLC. New cars, new rally location, and 40 new themed challenge scenarios spanning the entirety of Colin McRae’s career. It’s a hearty chunk of Colin McRae content all round when you see what the new cars and location will be, which you can read about here.

Hmmm, I wonder if they’ll finally force me to buy Sweden? I noticed in the video that it was one of the places they were driving. So presumably one or some of the challenge scenarios happen in Sweden. Hopefully they’ll just let me buy the pack, and then when a Challenge scenario happens at a location I don’t own, I just can’t play that one.

$15 for Year One pass which has seasons 1-4. This was the upgrade I’ve been looking for but its hard to find on the steam page. Nice hefty bundle discount.

Is there still no way to disable certain tracks?

Yeah, I can’t find that on steam. I thought I’d be able to paste it in the steam browser, but it looks like they don’t allow that anymore.

Regardless, I shouldn’t be trying. If I get Sweden and Finland in my roster, I’ll probably just stop playing the game every day like I do now.

I just hooked up my G29 racing wheel to the PC for the first time.

Me with controller when familiar with the game is better than me with wheel firing up the game for the first time in many months.

Hey @Rock8man, I feel like I’ve asked you this before but I can’t find it. What is the best way to start playing this again? Starting a new career in the My Team section, or doing the historic play in the Free play section, or something else?

You can go either way, but Career is definitely harder, because Historic mode lets you set the difficulty yourself between 1 to 100. From playing around with the setting, and having played Career extensively, I’d say career mode starts you off at 20, and once you finish that one, it jumps to Clubman, which I would say is about 50 on the 1 to 100 scale. And then all the other jumps are less harsh, but that jump from beginner to Clubman is the harshest. Meanwhile, on Historic championship, if you like a difficulty of 30 to 40, you can just leave it there for the duration of your play, or push it upward or downward depending on your comfort with the type of car you’re driving.

On the other hand, you might appreciate the fact that career mode takes those kinds of decisions out of your hands and gives you a goal to work toward. Suddenly you hit Clubman difficulty, and you just have no choice but to get better.

I think I’ll reset all of my prior progress and start career. I do think I like having the difficulty handled for me.

I wish I knew how much the new Colin McRae Flat Out pack is going to be.

I’m tempted to track this down in the Windows Store and buy it there. Unlike Steam, you can search for DiRT Rally 2.0 Year 1 and it shows up there. Unfortunately it’s not on sale like the Steam version is. It’s $25 currently. Back in the christmas/new year’s sale, the whole package (Season 1 and 2 and the base game) was on sale for $30 on Windows 10 version, which was tempting to me. I wish I’d gone for it now, since I would have gotten the Colin McRae Flat Out pack as part of it.

Plus that way my steam version would still be pure, and not contain Sweden and Finland.

Oh hey, hopefully this link works. The Year One Pass on Windows 10 is actually $20 as the normal price right now even without a sale. Very tempting. I think I’m going to bite.

I already have the base game through Game Pass, and this will give me access to all the content on that, including Colin McRae Flat Out pack. Besides, I can use Microsoft currency to buy it, which is currently on sale using “points” that I get via doing Bing searches and playing Game Pass games, etc. Fairly easy to come by 16000 points that this Year One Pass will cost.