DiRT Rally 2.0 - Ain't no ordinary Rally, it's evolved!

This seems more relevant in here than the DiRT 5 thread since it is more pertinent to the new dedicated DiRT Rally team.

Nice! 2023 to 2027. The first DiRT Rally was out in 2015, then 2.0 in 2019. If they’re prepping for WRC tracks, I think the next being in 2023 makes sense. After playing through all the tracks in WRC 7, I can’t wait to see that kind of track diversity in a DiRT Rally game.

So the DiRT World Series is returning for a second consecutive year. More important in my opinion though, a new piece of content is also coming to the game soon in the form of the Ford Fiesta R5 Mk2, courtesy of the fact it will also be in DIRT 5. Should be coming to the game with the next patch around the beginning of October, so update v1.16.

This evolution of the Ford Fiesta R5 (Mk1) by M-Sport in real-life brings improved aerodynamic design borrowed from the WRC car, a more aggressive ALS (anti-lag system), and improvements to engine performance and the chassis. So all in all, looks more aggressive, sounds more aggressive, and in theory should rally more aggressively than the original Mk1 Ford Fiesta R5.

I finished the starter championship in H2 FWD and – like anyone would – promptly purchased some sort of Ford Cosworth for H3 RWD. My first event was at Poland and after the first stage I was already down by a minute. The car is so fast I was terrified to drive it hard. Maybe I should go back down to H2 RWD for now.

Just hearing “Poland” makes me tighten my knuckles and start sweating. God, what a scary place. So many straights where you can gain so much speed, and then slight turns that can turn deadly at those speeds.

This is a candidate for the biggest lie of 2020. The Alpine is a non-linear nightmare and Argentina is hell on earth.

The only way I’ve found to tame it so far is to drive around in 3rd gear. That way I can steer using the gas pedal without throwing myself for a loop. It’s also curing me of my awful habit of downshifting in the middle of a turn. Downshift, spin, lesson learned a little bit more.

The car really shines in 2 and 3 turns though. It just sails into them, a touch of counter steer, then right out like nothing happened. I look forward to practicing with it more.

Heh. That was a while ago. Going by the post itself, are you sure you’re playing the version of the course where most turns are uphill and not the reverse where they’re mostly downhill? I was talking about a very specific daily challenge. So only one out of 12 possible configuration of tracks in Argentina.