Dirty Bomb - New multiplayer shooter from Spash Damage

I haven’t played in awhile, but I really dislike the card based loadout system they used.

If they found a way to remove the F2P grind / card system , and just let me pay a fixed price for the entire game, I know I would sink quite a few hours into this game again.

It is still an awesome shooter, the card system seemed kinda meh, I just equipped a card with nice weapons that I liked and stuck with those. Sure, I wanted ‘better’ cards, but seeing as those never dropped, i stuck with my shotgun =)

New update, Dockyard. I seem to try every update for like an hour then uninstall till the next one. :/

I’m right there with you. There is a really fun core to the game, but over time it is hard to enjoy that while getting a F2P model slapped across your face repeatedly.

New update out:

New update , will give it a try tonight after my bit of time with Brink yesterday, I am craving some Splash Damage FPS.

Me too! It’s been a while since I played Dirty Bomb.

Thought this was interesting:

I wonder whether it was the update or the influx of Brink players (or both) that gave Dirty Bomb the big bump in August. The July update saw a noticeable up tick too.

Mentioned last week, apparently no one noticed!

Oh hey… today is 1.0 day!

I kinda liked that game. Not sure why it hasn’t ‘clicked’ with more people.
Guess the micro and the lootcrate system is a bit too much for most people.
The running&gunning felt real nice last time I played it, and some of the maps were quite good.

Welp , GG!

It’s with a heavy heart that, after a bug fix build ships in the upcoming weeks, we will be ending live development and updates on Dirty Bomb.

I’m surprised it lasted this long.

:(

Was fun the little I played it at least.

Splash Damage is turning off the in-game market and giving everyone access to all characters for free next week.

Ah nice , there are a few I never tried.

I missed the news back in October that it was stopping development.

So the in-game market will persist after the free week? Just no new content? People won’t get all mercs automatically afterwards? But they’re refunding whoever bought the “all-mercs” DLC?

Yep, you will still have to earn and pay for new mercs, using in game credits.

They are boosting the credits earned rate:

To make sure you guys earn whatever you want more quickly, we’ve upped the base Credit earn rate from 19 per minute to 50 per minute.

https://www.splashdamage.com/news/the-design-of-dirty-bomb/

Artbook, design doc, and soundtrack are free now.