Disco Elysium (2019) - Detective RPG

That’s pretty dismal, as it’s also pretty explicit that the in-world neoliberal imperialism equivalent is not going to let anything ever improve either. Kim and Joyce have it together because they accept the world is and always will be fucked, but they’ll be okay; not everyone can. Tommy can try to be as laid back as he wants, he’s heartbreakingly screwed. The hardy boys try to just take care of themselves, the other workers try to put their head down, and both get played for fools. Klassje tried to play the game and failed, but Evrart’s psycopathy got him wins, so, well, there’s one winning ideology.
I’d say instead that it expounds that ideological dogmatism, or blind optimism, or … flies in the face of the messy reality that are people and power relations, which, while people keep forgetting, is not really a new perspective. Praxis informs beliefs, not the other way around.
Incidentally, I love how that ties in to the other theme being messy personal relationships: the character being an ideological blank slate for narrative purposes is, IMHO, a brilliant way to explore how to deal with your mind breaking when dealing with the lack of hope for anything to ever get better. It’s not relatable to everyone, certainly not to the extreme state at which the character starts, but it’s what makes it an unforgettable work of art for me.