Discourse and Wordpress integration is broken (please help if you can!)

The comments section for front page articles is broken. I see this:

Same embedding error on an Android phone for me.

On PC

I’m just now seeing this and I’m at a complete loss as to what’s causing it or how to fix it. It seems like Discourse and Wordpress should play well together, so I can’t imagine why it suddenly broke. I have someone looking at it, but if anyone has any ideas, I’d welcome any help. Here’s the error I see for all the posts on the front page:

-Tom

Are you using the JS snippet for embedding?

If so please check this

Ah, thanks for the link, Falco. I see now it seems the issue is Chrome related, so you’ve probably troubleshot it for us! Cheers!

-Tom

My screen shot was done using Microsoft Edge, and I just checked - the page still looks like that this morning. The error may not be limited to Chrome.

Modern MS Edge is also Chrome, it uses the Blink engine from Chromium.

As Stusser pointed out, they have been using the same engine since January 2020: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

We adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of the new Microsoft Edge to create better web compatibility for our customers, and less fragmentation of the web for all web developers. We are continuing our commitment to be an active contributor to the Chromium project. To date, we’ve made more than 1,700 commits, and we look forward to continuing our active engagement with the community in the shared pursuit of making the web better for everyone.

Confirmed this only happens in Chrome/Chrome diaspora. Firefox still works fine.

Also we’re using Arpit’s plugin, which hasn’t been updated in 5 years, to embed comments. It’s unclear where to add that referrer policy line.

Didn’t know that. Thanks!

Also working in Vivaldi despite that also being Chromium based

Probably based on an older chromium before the referrer change.

The Discourse guys are looking at it.