Discourse Changes & Enhancements

Are you even sure it’s Taco Bell wifi you’re logging into? It’s so easy to spoof a public hotspot. I don’t take that risk anymore.

Try visiting a page that doesn’t require https. You will probably see a wifi login page or similar.

When opening a thread from search, it starts at an apparently random location a couple of months back in the thread. It should default to your last-read position in that thread, just as if you were opening it from somewhere else.

Yeah. Have to agree here.

I still don’t see the point of these types of messages. It seems counter productive if we are talking about this forum being a community, as in Tom’s living room, for one thing. Especially since it seems to rather I PM the person I’m replying to.

Who cares how many times someone replies to an individual? Why does the software need to tell me I’m doing it wrong?

I actively dislike that message as well. I struggle to think of a positive outcome for it.

I just turned that message off, assuming you don’t reply to the same person over 19999 times in a single thread. Also disabled the “you made 42% of the posts in this thread, give other people space to talk” nag message.

Yea, got that in the Warframe thread so I nearly stopped posting there.

Thank you so much!!

YASSSSS

Much appreciated. Especially for threads where people don’t post much but there’s occasionally news that might be relevant to people.

Never got that one, but damn, that would have pissed me off. I am usually all on board with the Discourse way of doing things (including likes!) but these two just irritated me.

Thank god. I hated those messages too.

It looks like your message critical of Discourse ™ may have been written on a criminally underpowered Qualcomm chipset. Are you sure you’re not just upset over how slow your mobile device is? Please confirm purchase of Apple device to complete your post.

Lol

I won’t deny anything.

Hehehe. I really missed having a like button just there. Well done, sir.

Can anyone tell me why this has happened? And is it on me to fix, or on the site? This is when I click new from the hamburger menu…

It definitely seems like a site bug.

It’s a foible of the wordpress/discourse integration, where every image makes its own post. They’ll go away soon enough.