Discourse Changes & Enhancements

Someone mentioned the favicon, can we not just pull in the old one from the previous forums?

Certainly, done.

Beautiful! I love this icon!!!

Unfortunately desktop browsers picked up the same icon, and it’s way too small to be useful inside a desktop tab, so I reverted it.

If it really bugs you this app can set custom icons on your homescreen. This one may work too.

Use this one-- it’s free.

Here’s the image.

http://forum-cdn.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/2X/e/e690dcb231f610699204b176978b4743dd8c7244.png

We need to change mobile so less thread content is on display taking up space better used to display thread titles.

Less this:
http://forum-cdn.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/2X/7/770bd7008ec9ef377cdd764dc1a37b321b1be6d9.png

More this:
http://forum-cdn.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/b/be99d75b5233fa242cba99fb6507396df225a371_1_286x500.png

Added to the OP list,

Anything like that for Android?

You didn’t just grab it straight from my screenshot, did you? I can’t remember where it originally came from, but there was a high res original somewhere that would surely be suitable for any browser unless I’m misunderstanding the problem.

Nevermind on this, mainly an issue with stickied threads, which can be unpinned per user.

You can unpin topics for yourself using the controls at the bottom of pinned topics.

On it! ;)

No I used the original icon.

[quote=“habibi, post:34, topic:119992, full:true”]
I’ve PMed stusser with a Qt3 favicon that’s also transparent, hopefully the icon on the iOS homepage will not have that ugly black borders, as shown on the screenshot above.
[/quote]Thank you Habibi!

Primarily a desktop user here. Never used night mode before but this forum is ultra bright with really wide spacing on the left or right. Anything to calm that brightness down and maybe stretch it would be great.

It is the exact same color scheme as the default Qt3 theme. If you used Qt3 at Night! obviously it’s much brighter, of course.

Used Tapatalk extensively, especially on weekends/evenings. Mobile themed forums just don’t do it for me. Haven’t been able to connect since the change, figuring that Tapatalk isn’t supported on Discourse. It will probably curtail my reading.

Another Qt3 At night user here as well.

Correct, Tapatalk is no longer an option. I hope you’ll give Discourse a shot, I really like its mobile version.

All I know is it i can barely look at it now, and that was not a problem for me before. in fact, I’ll be closing this tab as soon as I am done writing this message. It’s obnoxious like this.

Actually I am looking at the old page now. it’s not the same at all. the old page has a grey scale and this is bright blue, and bright, bright white.

Please post screenshots proving this, then we can ask @Clay to match the color scheme in the mobile site.

We can and will be making CSS adjustments as people learn Discourse, it’s features, shortcomings, and integration with the main page. Those will come in time as more structures feedback comes in. Tapatalk is out for now, though. To whatever extent possible, please try to evaluate and give opinions on the default styling separately from the functionality.

Style opinions ideally would go here: CSS Tweaks and Fixes