Dishonored, the new IP from Arkane Studios

I fully get why they cut it. It’s something more akin in an RPG. Having a base where you can unwind. Still I think it’s nefty world building even if it doesn’t make much sense in the context of discrete levels where you are carrying out assassinations.

There’s my mark, better kill him, but I wanna take five. I’ll summon a door on the wall and chillax in my pocket plane for no reason. Mid-mission safe hubs out of the blue can be weird.

They would likely need to woven it into a kind of inter-mission hub, but you already have the boat for that.

I haven’t started playing it yet, but the copy of Dishonored I have installed on my Series X got an update yesterday. So I was wondering what the heck they would patch so many years later, so I went searching on the internet this morning. I don’t know if this is 100% true, and if it’s the only reason, but it’s hilarious if it is.

Edit: Oh wait, so the original poster says it’s not true? Darn. Still funny if they did update it just to add the Microsoft Xbox Studios logo.

I noticed the update last night (on Xbox) and wondered what it was as it already runs at 60fps on the XSX. I really wish Arkane would do a proper 60fps patch for Dishonored 2 as MS weren’t able to do it via their method.