Disney Buys LucasFilm

Yeah. Those numbers are weird. Could they mean, a series of ten episodes?

“Planning” is a very loose term.

When I was 8 or so I was planning to write 6 Star Wars novels, a ‘mega-trilogy’ I called it and I had the novel titles and blurbs all ready to go. Sadly, none of them eventuated.

True, but you also weren’t a $300 billion corporation.

They said it’s going to be “over the next few years” in the part I saw. So unless they got more specific later, think like three series per year. That seems totally conceivable in light of the Marvel model they’ve already made more announcements about.

Marvel has WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye, as well as She-Hulk and others I might be forgetting already announced or in production.

The Mandalorian is doing well, and nobody knows how the whole movie theater thing is going to pan out, makes sense to plan series.

And apparently Hayden Christensen is coming back for the Obi Wan series.

Okay, but actually this news stream is fucking crazypants.

Star Wars: A Droid Story, about R2 and Threepio mentoring a new droid.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron movie, from Patty Jenkins!

Star Wars: Lando - Series, with Glover, afaik

Star Wars: Ahsoka - Series, with Dawson

Star Wars: Andor, Series, about Cassian Andor from Rogue One (prequel, obvs), complete with his sassy robot friend

Star Wars: Rangers of the New Republic - Spinoff that presumably is meant to feature the Cara Dune character from Mandalorian if she doesn’t get canned

Star Wars: Visions - I think this is an anime series

Star Wars: Mandalorian S3, obv

Star Wars: The Bad Batch, series, followup on beloved Clone Wars characters

Star Wars: The Acolyte, series set during the High Republic era, from director of Russian Doll, about a Sith acolyte of some kind, I think?

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi, with McGregor and Christensen back

No post IX stuff?

Droid Story and/or Visions could be theoretically, unsure.

edit: there was also talk of Taika Waititi taking on new films going forward, so those may be the post-IX content we’re looking for.

Dr. Strange is going to erase the JJ Abrams trilogy from the canonical timeline.

So they don’t program them when they are created anymore? Is that a lost art?

I mean these people can’t remember one of the core pillars of their system of governance, who they literally declared war on!, just like fifteen years later - you expect them to write down how to build droids??

Yet they can still make swordlike weapons that can fight against a lightsaber? And huge starships and deathstars. Someone is sandbagging!

Way to make Ms. Marvel cry, ya big jerk.

-Tom

I’m not going to watch even half of these series, and then they tie to the movies so much I can’t enjoy the movies anymore, I guess I’ll just have to walk away.

Looks like the Rogue Squadron movie from Patty Jenkins is actually future era, so, probably post IX.

I did not realise that HBO Max is a device based service. I have an iPhone, as does the wife. I have a Fire stick somewhere. Correct me if I’m wrong. But the only way to watch it on a TV is a Samsung TV? Please tell me that I can watch it on my Visio TV?

I just can’t see a $15 monthly charge to watch a show on a phone. TV and a phone sure.

Yeah, any reasonably modern streaming solution, either built in TV OS or a box/stick like Amazon, Roku, Chromecast, etc, can play Disney+.

Oops read that wrong, assumed you meant D+ cuz of the current thread. HBO Max is not on Roku currently, but IS on most everything else.

Older TVs/streaming devices might not have either, but it’d have to be fairly old, afaik.

Do you have a console you can run it off of? Playstation and Xbox both have apps

You can watch it on that.

Sorry! I knew about that one but forgot when I made the post.