Disney Buys LucasFilm

Zahn was certainly not the worst author to write a Star Wars novel, but I thoroughly disliked his Thrawn trilogy. Yes, I think he did capture the “feel” of serial adventure, fantasy, and space opera that Star Wars is made of, but I didn’t like a single one of his additions to the EU canon.

Wow. No, those Thrawn books were horrible.

And they need to focus on a new set of characters for the new trilogy. I don’t want more Han, Luke, and Leia in the new movies.

The Thrawn books were horrible? What’s your opinion of most of the rest of the EU books then? :D

Fair enough. Personally, I’m happy enough if we get something that captures the space opera element, because to me that is what Star Wars is about. Considering that the trilogy was pretty much responsible for reviving the Star Wars franchise, I suspect I am not alone in that.

If I want gritty or realistic SciFi, there are other franchises that deliver better.

A TV Series based on the X-Wing novels! It would be great!

Who wouldn’t want to see Kolot, the Ewok X-wing fighter pilot on the big screen?

For all you wannbe Pattons out there, here you go:

Inside the “Battle Of Hoth”

‘Splinter of the Minds eye’ was a good one, not sure on the author now, but the story was ok. But yeah not many ‘other’ SW books, outside of the original stories, have been awesome. It seems like a hard thing to do?

I could see Terrance Howard playing a young Lando. I don’t think he would want to do a Star Wars movie since, IIRC, he was quite difficult to work with during Ironman. Not sure about a young Han Solo though. The guy from Burn Notice (earlier in this thread) was a decent idea though.

That was Alan Dean Foster. I remember really enjoying reading that book as a young boy, and then being thoroughly confused when The Empire Strikes Back came out and went in a completely different direction.

Yeah, IIRC in Splinter of the Mind’s Eye Luke and Leia get it on and Darth Vader is definitely not Luke’s father.

Web site “Latino Review” breaks exclusive scoop: Harrison Ford apparently to reprise role of Han Solo in “Episode VII” film

wasn’t that already announced

Well i hope they do the role with a little more dignity (to Ford’s age) than the last Indiana Jones film.

I have no problem with old, rough around the edges, experienced smuggler still good at his job, but don’t make him a ‘classic’ hollywood hero getting into fist fights with younger, stronger men/machines etc. I suspect even Chewie would have a little issue with arthritis by now?

I’m going to have to take your Star Wars fanclub membership card now - Chewbacca is a Wookie, and they live up to 400 years.

Yeah but how old was he when Han rescued him? hmmm as i don’t know that you should probably take my Star Wars fanclub card, unless that info is not original cannon (i don’t pay heed to the made up/tacked on stuff after Lucas’ original script.).

I’ll be very sad to part with it. Actually no you can’t have it. I’m pretty sure, if we used science to asses it, due to the size of the skeleton of a wookie, and the rather physical/manual labour intensive lives they live, they probably do suffer from various physical aliments, of which arthritis is probably very likely, even in younger wookies.

Says the guy that spells Wookiee with one “e”. SCNR.

oh come on, I was kidding - I have no idea how long a wookie lives… dear lord :-D

Long enough to have a moon dropped on them.

Your 400 year guess was accurate according to Wookieepedia which cited Ultimate Alien Anthology which I’m certain all will recognize as an authoritative source: