Disney eats Fox - genetically enhanced Mouse another step closer to taking over the world!

Probably a little of both. I think the acquisition was defensive as much as Disney wanted FOX properties. They knew if they didn’t get FOX, someone else would. So they take over the studio, cancel almost everything, and move on with Avatar, all the Marvel stuff, and whatever else can be salvaged.

Let’s not pretend that Disney cancelling a bunch of shitty movies is a travesty.

I like the guy in the article who was saying if Disney hadn’t bought Fox, and they’d continued on like this, they would still be massive layoffs and a For Sale sign in the lot.

From the sounds of it, most of those projects that got cancelled probably won’t be missed.

I don’t understand how Deadpool moving back and forth that way kills the character. He’s done that in the comics for years and is never as profane in the other books as he was in his own, at least as far as I ever saw. Maybe that’s changed and it’s not like that now, but it seems just fine to me?

Got to agree with you on this one. Rather than kill the character, moving in and out of the Avengers universe and his own solo projects should help the appeal and marketability of the character. Its not that hard to tone down an R character to PG-13 and still keep his humor and edginess. You just have to limit a few things and make the best use of the limits PG-13 allows.

Among many copyright reforms needed, I reckon a trademark style “use-it-or-lose-it” should apply to anything after the initial copyright term (ie, in my reform, life of the author or 50 years).