Disney's Artemis Fowl

WTF is an Artemis Fowl?

Neat trailer though.

Children’s fantasy series about a youthful master criminal antihero and his adventures with fairies. It was one of the better Harry Potter coattail riders to be sure, but I am a little surprised to see it getting a motion picture bid.

I wasn’t even aware that Disney had nabbed the license.

You should listen to the audio books when you go on road trips with your kids (if they are in the 9-13ish years old type of age range). They are enjoyable if lightweight kids fantasy books.

I listened to about half of them with my kids and they all proceeded to read all the books by themselves.

I think it’s that little kids name.

Ive heard of it, but based on the name, I had always assumed it would be about an anthropomorphic chicken. Shows what I know.

It’s a series that’s always surprised me with regards to not getting an adaptation. The first book is a delightful inversion of what we typically expect from YA fiction - the “protagonist” is an evil genius rich kid, the “antagonists” are the supernatural beings he’s trying to steal tons of gold from, the action sequences blend guns and fistfights with fairy tech and magic, and there’s a lot there for everyone. It’s felt like they’ve been trying for years to get a movie off the ground, so it’s good to hear they’re finally doing it; I haven’t watched the trailer yet, but hopefully it’s good too!

There’d better be some DuckTales episodes riffing off the punnable name.