Disney's The Haunted Mansion starring

“see”.

Dunno, just the impression I got from the trailer.

I don’t offend very easily, but I completely understand Jason’s reservations. One of the more offensive mainstream movies I’ve seen in a while was the first Rush Hour, which was all about Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan playing up how funny stereotypical blacks and Asians are.

Eddie Murphy’s perfectly capable of being funny without doing the whole ‘look at me being the wacky black guy!’ schtick. Which is pretty much what the Haunted Mansion trailer looked like.

Personally, I’m waiting for the Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride movie, which ends with Mr. Toad being killed in a head-on collision with a train and then going straight to Hell! Maybe Mike Meyers can don black face and play Mr. Toad.

-Tom

Yeah, that bit where Tuckers “don’t you dare touch a black man’s stereo!” and starts this sitting-down jitterbug was creepy.

Speaking of, here’s a TNR article about that sort of thing.

Of those three, only Dr. Doolittle. I won’t see another Murphy movie unless it gets positive reviews, which may mean I’ll never see another Murphy movie.

Here’s the thing Tom: Mr. Tucker and Mr. Chan would, presumably, have more insight into racial stereotypes of the black and the Asian races respectively than you right? So if THEY were not so offended that they would turn the roles down, why should you be offended FOR them? I mean be real here, Christ.

I mean do you honestly think Eddie Murphy would take a role if it was obviously derogatory towards his entire race? If a black man doesn’t find something offensive towards his race who are you to find it offensive for him Whitey McWhite? Now if he turned down the role siting that as a reason then yes, feel free to rally behind him, but don’t start shouting ‘Uncle Tom’ because of what you think.

You’re a fucking idiot.

Good point, well made!!!

Even if you’re sarcastic, I dare you to disagree with me.

Are you addressing I? Because I genuinely thought it was a good point well made. In fact, to clarify the issue, I will award you a nice, big

[size=7]ZING[/size]

Speaking of Zings, I haven’t read PvP lately. Home of the Zinger!

Don’t be harsh on the guy. He’s quintupled his vocabulary over the last 6 months. Can you say the same about yourself? I’ve only increased my own vocabulary by maybe 1% over the same time frame.

Met_K = 500%

Brian K = 1%

Met_K = [size=7]THE WINNER![/size]

From “Yawn” to “You’re a Fucking Idiot”

Remember kiddies… in America everyone loves a Winner.

Don’t be harsh on the guy. He’s quintupled his vocabulary over the last 6 months. Can you say the same about yourself? I’ve only increased my own vocabulary by maybe 1% over the same time frame.

Met_K = 500%

Brian K = 1%

Met_K = [size=7]THE WINNER![/size]

From “Yawn” to “You’re a Fucking Idiot”

Remember kiddies… in America everyone loves a Winner.[/quote]

To make sure that this is absolutely clear, as clear as an azure sky, I think that was he said was very funny and perfectly timed. Iam applauding the fella.

Then you’re as big an idiot as he is.

Spoken like a man who has not had the true Met_K experience.

Ah… the twinkling and kind eyes of youth. See how they sparkle with non-existent idealism!

Spoken like a man who has not had the true Met_K experience.

Ah… the twinkling and kind eyes of youth. See how they sparkle with non-existent idealism![/quote]

Perhaps so, I just like hearing people put across a serious point and then being called a fucking idiot. Something in the simplicity appeal to my callow youth.

Captain Cookiepants putting across a serious point is like Dan Morris knowing what he’s talking about when it comes to politics. Jason McCullough has more of a chance in hell of being right than either of them do.

“Even if you’re sarcastic, I dare you to disagree with me.”

I note that you neither wrote ‘intelligently disagree with me’ nor ‘with an actual counterpoint’ or even ‘and show proof of cogitative ability’.

So hey, at least no one can call you a hypocrite.

But it’s ok slugger, I remember a time when I had no response for something and fell back on ‘You’re a doody-head’ as my trump card, it honestly was devastating to my third grade class.

Easy there tiger, don’t take it personally, I just found, and have always found that sort of situation and response to be amusing. It could have been Met_K and you, Brian Koontz and me or Doubting Thomas and Jesus Christ himself, it would still have made me chuckle. Learn to laugh at yourself Cookie.

Psst… Hey Kid… give him this.

{Passes theboywolfie a Jelly-Filled Krispy Kreme}

Ouch… now that is painful. I’ll have to run out and stop them from hitting up the Suicide Booth.

(sigh) Why does every discussion here seem to end up as a name calling contest?