Dissidia 012: giving back to the fans

Title Dissidia 012: giving back to the fans
Author Matt Bowyer
Posted in Game diaries
When April 15, 2011

It would have been easy to half-ass Dissidia. Slap some characters together, give them a couple of special moves, put in a lot of old music, and call it a day..

Read the full article

I thought the original game's soundtrack was fantastic, and I was totally surprised to see how much they expanded it for the sequel. They even threw in a rendition of Matoya's Cave from FF1, one of my favorites. Also agreed on the nice work that went into alt-costumes, regardless of the epidemic of shirtlessness. Some of the standouts for me have been Cecil and Garland's Alt2 costumes.

I thought the original game's soundtrack was fantastic, and I was totally surprised to see how much they expanded it for the sequel. They even threw in a rendition of Matoya's Cave from FF1, one of my favorites. Also agreed on the nice work that went into alt-costumes, regardless of the epidemic of shirtlessness. Some of the standouts for me have been Cecil and Garland's Alt2 costumes.

I see nothing wrong with rampant shirtlessness. From the boys, at least.

Having you point out all this stuff, Matt, makes me almost -- almost! -- wish I knew something about the Final Fantasy universe. I love Dissidia 012, but it's amazing how much of this is lost on me. I even turned off the music. To me, the real miracle of Dissidia is what a great fighting game it is even for those of us who don't know what the heck a Moogle is!

BTW, who would win in a fight between a Moogle and a Totoro?