Distant Worlds

Yessssss. Ackdarians are one of my favourite DW1 races.

Was that what their teaser trailer was for or is there more coming today? It’s the 26th, but I thought the teaser said there would be a gameplay reveal which is why I’m asking.

@KevinC There is a Twitch stream some time today but I can’t find a time for it.

Edit - Noon EST

Oh, good, I was very annoyed when I thought the “reveal trailer” was just a short CGI trailer.

Live stream running here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DFzdoMnKk4

This video is making me so hot.

I watched a bit of it but here I’m at work so I’m going to watch tonight. What I did see was really, really cool. Is it over yet? Do we have a release date/window at all?

Just pulled up the stream. For some reason it defaulted to 144p. Not 1440p, 144p. I was thinking “Wow, I’m not expecting eye candy or anything but this all looks really low resolution”. Hah!

Isn’t this a marketing thingy? They posted a trailer with no actual gameplay. You guys talk about it an lose a little confidence in DW2. Then BAM, great gameplay and nice graphics. You all are gonna love this! I will buy DW2 on day one.

Dunno. What I do know is I’m too blind to deal with that UI and font size. I was hoping the sequel would fix this after the first game. Maybe it will be scalable.

That was a wonderful stream and I am in LOVE with the UI. Cannot WAIT for more.

Video removed by uploader. WTH?

Whaaaat?

Thankfully it’s still playing in a tab on my browser, but that’s odd. Maybe they want to clean it up and post it as a new video?

Take my money! :)

Take my money, too!

Wargamer.com has this (blind research sounds awesome!):

A new, 64-bit 3D engine, which specifically removes previous memory limitations and helps support larger galaxies (up to 2,000 systems).
New 3D environments, ships and even weapon effects.
A redesigned user interface.
Improved AI opponents, but also AI assistance and automation.
Seven of the original factions have been brought back for the initial release, covering a wide range of government types and playstyles.
Expanded resources system - new luxury resources. The raw resource gameplay will involve less nodes, but more effort required to extract what you need.
Better exploration, both out in space but also on planets.
A more detailed damage model.
Research is now blind by default, and will offer a lot more variation and backup paths.
Better ship designer, with a new 3D interface.
It will also have a new storyline which will call back the original Distant Worlds.

A fully scalable and re-designed User Interface

Yay, readable fonts! I hope.