Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Same here. I don’t think I’ve ever ‘crafted’ anything in a game. If you want me to play a blacksmith, you have to have that that system be as interesting as the moving and shooting in an fps, or the strategies in a strategy title. Collecting N stuff and choosing an option from a menu seems like a bizarre non-game.

I wrote that the game was “otherwise good enough”, with “otherwise” being the operative word. I hate the crafting system in the game, precisely for the reasons you cite. My point was that the rest of Original Sin is enjoyable enough to push past that.

That sums it up exactly. I don’t understand what people find fun about “crafting” mechanics.

The only thing I crafted (regularly) was the spiked shoes to prevent you from slipping on ice. Other than that, I completely ignored it.

I also felt single player was fun, but I do agree with Scott that the dialogues and subsequent choices/ rock-paper-scissors are somewhat lame in single player. I would have loved to try that co-op, but unfortunately my daughter (who watched me play most of the time) isn’t able to read English yet. She will be in a few years time, so who knows, maybe then!

News:

• PC controller and splitscreen support at release
  • Skill Crafting
  • Rune Crafting
  • Ragdoll physics for deaths.

That looks amazing.

Just started playing this.

Got to Fort Joy and accidentally killed a black cat that kept following me.

Got hustled by a group of conmen inside the fort, so I launched a water arrow at them, got them wet, used a lightning scroll, stunned them, threw a rock that made a poison area, then incinerated them.

And no-one attacked me. Strange.

So far quite fun.

With my 2 characters, got ganked by 3 other characters, all of whom were stronger and had more hp than I did. Died.

Whats the current state of the build? Release is 4 weeks away, I’m getting impatient!
Has there been any info if the save game from this version will carry over into the final release?

I thought it was 2 weeks away!?

Anyway, at first the movement and combat felt clunky, and I felt a bit overwhelmed by the character set up choices.

3 odd hrs in and I have a full party so feeling more confident. The game doesn’t do very much hand holding so it’s possible to go into areas you really shouldn’t early on, like a cavern with oversized angry frogs, or parts of the fort with powerful enemies.

Trial and error here which will frustrate new/casual players.

I took a ladder into the fort, I. E. Not the front door, killed 3 people and got attacked by a Magister, for the crime of murder, despite him watching the fight as it happened (immersion breaker)

Reload.

Killed by frogs.

Reload.

Killed by a bounty Hunter who wanted my lizard friend ex King dead.

Reload.

Accidentally killed a black cat following me around.

Tempted to reload.

Chatted to a dog and fed him someone’s burnt leg, which annoyed him “I DON’T. EAT.PEOPLE! !” so he attacked me.

Was tempted to reload to see what else could have happened. Thing is, he never stood a chance. Ought not to have attacked me.

Basically you *can * go off the obvious, signposted track, but be prepared to die.

Magic and physical armour need getting used to. Some skills are blocked by one or the other. Fire, shock etc are resisted by magic armour. Turning someone into a chicken by physical armour.

That last can be great fun but it seems to almost never work. 😯. Maybe polymorph was not a good first choice.

Despite all of that, am having fun.

Lizards get to breathe fire, always fun.

Elves can eat flesh, unlocking clues and sometimes new skills. This is pure awesome.

Did you play the 1st one? Your description makes it sound similar.

@LeeAbe I got about 82 hours into the first one, before suddenly losing interest.

I tried replaying it but the Orcs on the first beach just struck me as tedious in absurdium.

It happens sometimes.

I managed Pillars of Eternity with white march once the whole way through but the first playthrough stopped when I got to Twin Elms.

Managed Tyranny once and probably won’t go back.

EDIT; It has some similarities but the magic/physical armour is different, and now I’m starting to like it.

I managed a combo with my party where everyone hit the enemy who had high physical armour, knocked it down to 0 (but he had an intimidating 80 hp) and my main character turned him into a chicken (lasts one round) but had enough AP (action points) to smack said chicken hard.

I don’t know how things will develop later but right now action points are few and far between, so in most combat rounds I end up doing one attack action and one move.

Fights can be tense. I was set upon by 3 hungry crocodiles, managed to kill them, but they killed my Elf Rogue twice and my Lizard Pyro once.

Luckily I still had enough resurrection scrolls.

I also found gloves in their stomach that let me teleport things.

So far enjoying it, and getting slowly sucked in. Fort Joy seems much more interesting than the home town of the original game.

Plus there appears to be some sort o fighting pit down a hatch somewhere :).

Don’t (or… do?) be like Apostle.

Holy crap. Divinity 2 will now be fully voiced.

Okay, so remember an age ago when we said we couldn’t do voiceovers for Divinity: Original Sin 2? Well, we changed our mind! We changed our mind and we aren’t sorry! Muahaha!

Well.

Sort of.

About halfway through production, we realized just how big this game was getting. We thought there would be no way, either time or budget-wise, to voice it all. So we started small, hoping to improve the soundscape by voicing some one-liners and voice barks. But it just didn’t feel right. We wanted to hear our beloved characters talk. Really talk. So we crunched some numbers, poured some coffee and decided:

Oh heck, why not. Let’s fully voice Divinity: Original Sin 2!

While I like the idea, the next question is, how far will the release date be pushed back? The two games I keep waiting for which should have been out “soon” are this game and Subnautica. Both keep getting pushed back.

Full voicing only works with good writing and direction. Have Larian got those now?

Ohhhhh! So edgy!

“Has anyone seen my pepper?”

It is a vital spice in life.

That’s a damned good trailer.

WOW.

He hopes to address this by wearing somebody else’s face as a sort of moist balaclava.