Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

I thought it was 2 weeks away!?

Anyway, at first the movement and combat felt clunky, and I felt a bit overwhelmed by the character set up choices.

3 odd hrs in and I have a full party so feeling more confident. The game doesn’t do very much hand holding so it’s possible to go into areas you really shouldn’t early on, like a cavern with oversized angry frogs, or parts of the fort with powerful enemies.

Trial and error here which will frustrate new/casual players.

I took a ladder into the fort, I. E. Not the front door, killed 3 people and got attacked by a Magister, for the crime of murder, despite him watching the fight as it happened (immersion breaker)

Reload.

Killed by frogs.

Reload.

Killed by a bounty Hunter who wanted my lizard friend ex King dead.

Reload.

Accidentally killed a black cat following me around.

Tempted to reload.

Chatted to a dog and fed him someone’s burnt leg, which annoyed him “I DON’T. EAT.PEOPLE! !” so he attacked me.

Was tempted to reload to see what else could have happened. Thing is, he never stood a chance. Ought not to have attacked me.

Basically you *can * go off the obvious, signposted track, but be prepared to die.

Magic and physical armour need getting used to. Some skills are blocked by one or the other. Fire, shock etc are resisted by magic armour. Turning someone into a chicken by physical armour.

That last can be great fun but it seems to almost never work. 😯. Maybe polymorph was not a good first choice.

Despite all of that, am having fun.

Lizards get to breathe fire, always fun.

Elves can eat flesh, unlocking clues and sometimes new skills. This is pure awesome.